• 1 Post By KCJeep
  • 2 Post By Wingnut
  • 1 Post By Bigdog
  • 2 Post By RlittleTarget
  • 2 Post By RlittleTarget

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2019, 09:10 PM  

EVO at LGS

I finally got a chance to handle the EVO today at my LGS. They had a few in stock, and I picked the Custom Shop version out for a little me time.

I think I'm gonna regret doing so.

After my failures with the Solo, I was really hoping to hate the EVO so I could just move on and not lust over another Kimber. But to say that the EVO won me over would be a gross understatement.

First of all, it felt great in the hand. A bit more substantial than the Solo, but in a good way. More hand purchase, and better texturing to get that good positioning locked in place. Seemed extremely pointable, with excellent sights. And that trigger...sublime. Unlike any other striker I have owned/fired, it coupled a rather firm pull with extremely short travel, a crisp break, and a almost instantaneous and very tactile reset. And I appreciated the striker indicator at the back plate, especially for a pistol that would likely see a lot of carry time.

So, yeah...I'm in big trouble here. My checkbook is not gonna like where this is going.
wheelgunshooter likes this.
Old 08-08-2019, 10:15 PM  

Exactly you nailed it. Yeah I bought one.

Did you know there is a 100 dollar rebate on them right now? Or should I not have told you that?
boscobarbell likes this.

"If you want peace, prepare for war."
Old 08-08-2019, 10:26 PM  

Originally Posted by KCJeep View Post

Did you know there is a 100 dollar rebate on them right now? Or should I not have told you that?
Can I get your phone number? I'll have my wife call you to yell at when an EVO comes home with me.

Old 08-09-2019, 03:49 AM  

Originally Posted by boscobarbell View Post
Can I get your phone number? I'll have my wife call you to yell at when an EVO comes home with me.

No no no Bosco, do what all women do. The first time your wife sees it just say, what, this old thing? Ive had this for years.
boscobarbell and Vided like this.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:13 AM  

When my wife says, "Is that a new gun?", my response is, "It's just one you haven't seen in a while". Works most of the time.

My LGS knows only to call my cell and if someone else answers, to hang up. He's just in my caller ID as Ed.
boscobarbell likes this.
Old 08-09-2019, 09:02 AM  

Haha....hilarious. Don't we all know about the "no, this is the same gun you shot at the range when you went with me 8 months ago". Or the "taking this gun in for work (empty box)" and coming home with a gun in the box.
Bigdog and boscobarbell like this.
Old 08-09-2019, 09:03 AM  

Let us know how it works out. Ive been eyeballin' one of those too.
boscobarbell and KCJeep like this.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:23 PM  

Murphy of Murphy Jewelers, Pottsville, PA, had been killed by a barhog in NOLA, at about the Mardi Gras time. He rented an electronic billboard across the street from the Hamburg, PA Cabela's, stating that his store is "The Hunting Store for Women!" Was he setup by one of the spouses?