Like Tree8Likes
  • 5 Post By Okieshooter
  • 1 Post By Andyz23
  • 1 Post By KCJeep
  • 1 Post By Okieshooter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2019, 10:00 PM   #1

Very positive trip to the range

So far my cdp has had around 250-275 rounds through it. The first 100 I did experience the slide failure to lock on probably half of my magazine empties. Used the 2 factory evo and one of the wifes micro 9 7 round mags. Same issue with all 3. Took it apart, lubed the slide release and cycled the slide by handle multiple times. The last portion I went through the few boxes I had left, without a hiccup what so ever. Didnít matter which mag as they all performed great. Very happy with the purchase. Giving kimber a thumbs up after a few crappy solos Iíve owned and weíre complete failures and the broken thumb safety on my old compact stainless. This so far is the best pocket pistol Iíve owned. Multiple multiple glocks and Iíve let them go for this one. Iíve got good friends who cerakote so I wonít be afraid to use it on the daily. Rounds on this target were mainly testing function, a few double taps, more rapid paced action. After all itís for self defense not for competition. Once again a big thumbs up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 9A626B09-6940-4589-802C-1080C0759472.jpeg (594.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpeg 4356D1CF-4138-4CE2-B4E8-DDBF82B870F0.jpeg (534.2 KB, 8 views)
Chuck43, RustyIron, JC45 and 2 others like this.
Okieshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-15-2019, 10:10 PM   #2

Looks great to me. I replaced the factory grips with the small size grips on my EVO SP CDP, which makes the feel nicer for my small hands, I like mine very much, also.

Last edited by motormac; 09-16-2019 at 03:05 PM.
motormac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 06:07 AM   #3

Looks Great!
motormac likes this.
Andyz23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2019, 06:17 PM   #4

Really liking my Evo as well, one of my better purchases for sure. Lots of nice little touches you really have to use one to pick up on them. Way better trigger than just about anything striker fired too. And alloy framed! What's not to like?

I see you are shooting a bit left, mine did as well. Used all of my grip tricks, didn't work so had the LGS I bought it from tap the sight to the right a hair.
motormac likes this.

"If you want peace, prepare for war."
KCJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 07:48 PM   #5

Originally Posted by KCJeep View Post
Really liking my Evo as well, one of my better purchases for sure. Lots of nice little touches you really have to use one to pick up on them. Way better trigger than just about anything striker fired too. And alloy framed! What's not to like?

I see you are shooting a bit left, mine did as well. Used all of my grip tricks, didn't work so had the LGS I bought it from tap the sight to the right a hair.
I noticed that as well, but I was really trying to focus on reliability. When I go back this Thursday and Iíll see how much closer I can keep it to center. The trigger already feels better after some use. Canít find anything I donít like on it yet. Debated mirror polishing the barrel just for some added looks. Other then that and more use Iíll probably leave it alone.
motormac likes this.
Okieshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 06:39 PM   #6

Yeah I ignored it at first as well. With continued range sessions and fiddling with the grip not working, I went ahead and had the sight tapped over a smidge.

"If you want peace, prepare for war."
KCJeep is offline   Reply With Quote