Kimber Talk Forums banner

Standard vs Large Swell Backstrap

2K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Warthogge 
#1 ·
The CS comes with large swell backstrap. The Kimber shop sells a CS standard swell backstrap. Has anyone tried it? If so, what's you're take?

#6 · (Edited)
I tried to get that little allen screw out of the the bottom of my EVO but it just wrench just spun. Haven't tried penetrating oil yet.
Wally1, I used a 1.5mm wrench (manual calls for 1/16" wrench), and turned anti-clockwise/counterclockwise for many turns, as the allen screw has a very fine thread. Back it out only about 3/16" (do not remove from the threads), in order to remove the backstrap and side panels. You shouldn't require oil for this task.
Grip System Grip Removal NOTE: Grip removal is not necessary for cleaning or user maintenance. 1. Using a 1/16" hex driver, loosen the backstrap set screw located on bottom of frame. Screw should protrude ~1/4" from frame. NOTE: The backstrap set screw does not need to be removed. 2. Push backstrap down toward bottom of frame approximately 1/2" and stop. 3. Grip the protruding portion of the backstrap and pull rearward, removing the backstrap from the pistol.

#5 ·
Rick he is talking about the Evo not 1911s.

I haven't messed with mine. I did put ( I know I know) at Hogue grip on it. The G10 grips were just a little abrasive to me and I like the finger groove and palm swell on the Hogue. Kimber does have the Evo options on the site now, at first they weren't available.

#14 ·
I didn't mess with the Kimber grips, they are as purchased. I put a slip on Hogue grip over them. "Hand alls" I believe they call them, but mine was a small size I could barely get on.

Reactions: motormac
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.