Kimber Talk Forums banner

Finally Picked Up Ruger

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  2sharp2 
#1 ·
Ruger Mark III has been at my FFL guys house since 10:25 Wed. Him and his wife had some doctors appointments, he called last night about 6pm but I didn't feel like getting out to get it. Picked it up this morning.
It is Stainless with 5.5inch barrel, came with extra magazine, rail, case, paperwork, envelope with empty shell had a date of 2007, I guess this is about when this pistol was made, brand new looking Ruger holster, probably won't use the holster but hey free is free.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice, I think you'll like it. I have a 6.8" Competition bull bbl and just picked up a MKIII Hunter 5.5"bbl TALO. Original owner put 2 mags through it and wanted to trade it for a rifle. I made him a cash offer that he accepted :) I took it to the range and put 224 rounds through it and it performed great! They are very accurate and in my opinion I think the 5.5" balances a little better. I used Federal Target bulk at my last range trip but in the past I've fed the Competition all kinds of anything I could get my hands on and haven't had any complaints.
Congratulations!
PS: I like the chamber flag, I've done the same thing, easy on the spring.

#3 ·
Thanks Mike, this is number two, owned a Competition Target for a long time. The plan for this one is to have the barrel threaded for silencer.
I wanted a MKIII Talo Hunter but didn't want to put that much money into it.

#7 ·
An almost perfect gun Arland, my dad bought me my first Ruger .22 pistol in I believe 1952. It has the red eagle grips that were changed to black when Strum passed away. The serial number is 12564, I was 9 years old and it was my first pistol. I'd guess that it is safe to say that in the 60+ years that I've owned it that there have been well over 150,000 rounds fired through it. It's one hell of a gun, it runs today like it did when I first got it.

#8 ·
That's way cool Brother. They really are fine shooting pistols.
I will buy one of those Talo Hunters if I ever find a good price on one. There prices are high on Gunbroker.

Reactions: Chuck43
#12 ·
Just something to play with Marshall, not because it is loud. I probably have enough .22 ammo stashed to last my lifetime.

Reactions: RugerLuger
#14 ·
Here's my Hunter Arland. I was looking at Armslist last week and found a post for a Ruger 111, said"I don't post pics". So I googled Ruger 111 and replied Mark III? He said, yeah, Hunter, want to trade for a rifle, make offer, sent my ph#, would not call me till I made offer so I replied $450 pending. I went over, had box and all. Said he bought it new this year and it does have a 275x serial# so Ruger must have made another batch of these. I got the impression that he just was not a handgun person, offered $460 and he shook my hand :)
I need to stay away from Armslist awhile :eek:. I also have a bunch of 22lr to use.

Attachments

#16 ·
I really like that. Fair price for it, most Gunbroker prices on those are a lot higher. All the Hunter's I found were priced like $600 and up.

Reactions: RugerLuger
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.