Gun Broker Dealers Good & Bad - Page 2 - Kimber Forum

Kimber


Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Classifieds > Firearms Only

Like Tree72Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2014, 10:37 PM   #11
Member
 
Kyluckyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Hopkinsville. KY
Posts: 58
I got my UCII from EastCountyGuns in a Gunbroker auction. They are in Washington State. Service was great and so was the price. I live in KY and I had the gun in 3 days. Andy emailed me today to tell me about a dealer incentive. He said that if my FFL would email or mail pages 2 and 3 of the 4473 form, he's send me a KimPro mag for free! That beats a sharp stick to the eye as my late father would say!!!!
Kyluckyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-17-2014, 05:18 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Gmountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,178
Originally Posted by Kyluckyman View Post
I got my UCII from EastCountyGuns in a Gunbroker auction. They are in Washington State. Service was great and so was the price. I live in KY and I had the gun in 3 days. Andy emailed me today to tell me about a dealer incentive. He said that if my FFL would email or mail pages 2 and 3 of the 4473 form, he's send me a KimPro mag for free! That beats a sharp stick to the eye as my late father would say!!!!
That's kind of weird. I wonder why someone would want that. That info has nothing to do with an FFL.
Gmountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:15 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
OscarZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: East Central MN
Posts: 206
I have purchased 3 guns from GB auctions this year and another online. Haven't had any bad experiences yet. Only vendor whose name I can recall was Osage County Guns. Sadly Northern is on my home state so when I shop online I avoid them for sales tax reasons. Great place to shop in person though!
Insta-Gator likes this.
__________________
Michael
OscarZ is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 10-17-2014, 09:03 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
ByrdMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Wasilla, AK
Posts: 513
I've bought 2 guns off GunBroker including my Kimber. I tried to find the dealers I bought from but can't. Either way they were 2 different dealers and both were excellent to deal with. I made sure I read their reviews before clicking "buy now". Wish I could find the names so sorry if this isn't much help. Before buying look at their rating and reviews.
__________________
Danny
Texas CHL
NRA member

"It is the unconquerable nature of man and not the nature of the weapon he uses that ensures victory"
General George S. Patton Jr.
ByrdMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 01:23 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
bhunted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Sumner County, TN
Posts: 2,895
Originally Posted by ByrdMan View Post
I've bought 2 guns off GunBroker including my Kimber. I tried to find the dealers I bought from but can't. Either way they were 2 different dealers and both were excellent to deal with. I made sure I read their reviews before clicking "buy now". Wish I could find the names so sorry if this isn't much help. Before buying look at their rating and reviews.

You don't keep online receipts? Can't you look under your account for past purchases?
__________________
Regards,

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - Sumner Gun - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 03:26 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Gmountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,178
Originally Posted by bhunted View Post
You don't keep online receipts? Can't you look under your account for past purchases?
I don't. No need to. You can look at the feedback you have left and see the transaction number, but you cannot see what it was you bought after 90 days or so. I look at my feedback, but I have no idea what guns I bought from who.
Gmountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 03:30 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
bhunted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Sumner County, TN
Posts: 2,895
Originally Posted by Gmountain View Post
I don't. No need to. You can look at the feedback you have left and see the transaction number, but you cannot see what it was you bought after 90 days or so. I look at my feedback, but I have no idea what guns I bought from who.

Ahhhh, got ya. I know you don't have to, but anything gun related, I keep everything... Especially auction stuff. I'm anal that way.
Chuck43 likes this.
__________________
Regards,

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - Sumner Gun - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 03:31 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Insta-Gator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Georgia
Posts: 11,763
I keep soft copies of all correspondence and receipts. Then I print them out and put them in the case, once the gun arrives.
Spotly likes this.
__________________
Insta-Gator aka .. Gary
(warning: prone to bouts of petulance)

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 03:57 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Gmountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,178
Originally Posted by Insta-Gator View Post
I keep soft copies of all correspondence and receipts. Then I print them out and put them in the case, once the gun arrives.
If I did that, there's a remote chance my wife might find one. That would not be healthy.
Gmountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 04:56 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
bhunted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Sumner County, TN
Posts: 2,895
Originally Posted by Gmountain View Post
If I did that, there's a remote chance my wife might find one. That would not be healthy.

Make sure you leave us in your will then.
Insta-Gator likes this.
__________________
Regards,

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - Sumner Gun - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
no good mattman Kimber Solo Forum 22 09-22-2014 12:51 PM
Gun Broker ????? Insta-Gator Off-Topic Discussion Forum 39 05-24-2014 03:23 PM
Must be something good! Islander Off-Topic Discussion Forum 2 02-28-2014 07:57 PM
Must be something good! Islander Off-Topic Discussion Forum 14 02-22-2014 06:08 AM
Good 5.56 prices Gmountain Off-Topic Discussion Forum 0 01-14-2014 08:30 PM