Gun Broker Dealers Good & Bad - Page 3 - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Classifieds > Firearms Only

Like Tree72Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2014, 05:14 PM   #21

Originally Posted by Gmountain View Post
If I did that, there's a remote chance my wife might find one. That would not be healthy.
Does she have the combination to the gun safe?

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-17-2014, 06:18 PM   #22

Osage County and Northern were really good and had no issues at all. Would do business with both again.
cousinmark and Supertool like this.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:38 PM   #23
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Gmountain View Post
If I did that, there's a remote chance my wife might find one. That would not be healthy.
Scan them, put them in a password protected file, then shred and burn the originals. Leave a copy of the password with your lawyer LOL.
Insta-Gator, bhunted and spanielck like this.

Old 11-19-2014, 03:03 PM   #24

Send a message via Skype™ to runnr548
I have made numerous purchases through Gun Broker in the past couple of years. Only good experiences to date. :-)
glokrok likes this.
runnr548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 03:46 PM   #25

Originally Posted by runnr548 View Post
I have made numerous purchases through Gun Broker in the past couple of years. Only good experiences to date. :-)
Can you share with us which dealers you purchased from vis Gunbroker.com?

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 06:55 PM   #26

I used to buy a fair amount through Gunbroker. I don't anymore because I got it out of my system. But there was guy, a fairly active seller, who had this vintage 1911 that I liked. I'd bid on it, get aced out, and then see it listed again. It happened several times, so I started doing a little detective work. I looked up the seller, his bidders, and a bunch of previous auctions. It became crystal clear that the guy had multiple accounts and was shilling his own auctions. I brought it to the attention of the Gunbroker aristocracy, and their response was that although shilling was against Gunbroker rules, the seller was a long time user so they would remind him about the rules. I continued to periodically purchase through Gunbroker, but never again did I delude myself into thinking they valued integrity and honest auctions. They are all about raking in the most money.
Dude22 likes this.
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 08:39 AM   #27

Gunbroker in my opinion is great but, you need to find a local FFL to do a reasonable tranfer to make it worth it! I have gotten some real steals off the site and to be honest, I rarely look to see if the seller is a shop. As long as the feedback is there, I buy!

In saying that... I worked at a local shop for around 6 months and do Cerakote for another 6 local shops... I have to say other than the shop I worked in, most local shops business models are pretty shitty when it comes to online sales. They hate it... You should have heard these guys at the NSSF convention... It was a bitchfest about how reeds, buds, ky gun co, etc... Was putting them out of business.

On the ride home owner of the shop I worked for and myself had an interesting convo...

We were all about it and thrilled to hear noone else wanted to get the transfer business! $30 bucks is about half the margin of a new pistol, so 2 transfers was pretty much the equal to a new gun sale. A transfer takes a total of maybe 10 mins?!! It was a no brained for us.... No actual selling, don't have to give specs, and most importantly... No overhead or cash tied up on the shelf. So...unless the gun shop is super greedy, I don't get the complaining.

As far as buying from buds etc... At times you will find a decent deal that your local shop can't match... But, I would always check with your shops locally. We often times could best buds by a large margin!! There were times when buds marked up well over $150+ on stuff. M&p shields etc... It was hard to beat. Lastly in regards to buds. I do not buy from them as I believe those guys as well as cheaper than dirt have the worst business practices. I'll leave two examples of what happened to me...

Cheaper than dirt... When shit hit the fan, they were the only ones to have P mags... They raised prices to $150 per mag?? I was in desperate need of 1 mag and they basically told me to get bent, the price was $150. Once the scare was over, they send me an offer to buy some random guns at cost... And if you look at there web site they are selling select models at $5 over cost. They are a shit company imo.

Buds likes to list guns they don't actually have in stock... I bought a pistol from them, paid for it, and was given a shipping notification. 3 weeks later the gun still had not shipped. I called and they said they were having a hard time finding the stock??? Really.. They said that they lost a box of guns? Then they sent me a gun that was not what I ordered and said it was a "like model". Lol... Smdh. I sent that back on my own dime. They did refund my money but... Never again with these clowns either.
Insta-Gator, 2sharp2 and Chickadee like this.

Last edited by cundiff5535; 11-20-2014 at 05:21 PM.
cundiff5535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 09:42 PM   #28

Ive made 23 transactions on Gunbroker NatMil is the only company ive dealt with (reman ammo) i didn't like. Communication was horrible shipping was turtle slow (weeks) i thought I got ripped. It finally showed up and the quality was poor. All my other transactions flawless.

Last edited by glokrok; 07-27-2015 at 09:26 PM.
glokrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 03:16 PM   #29

Send a message via AIM to loadedround
I bought my first Kimber, an Eclipse Target II, online at a very fair price, fast shipment, no trans, and no hassle. Would do it again w/o question from a reputable online dealer.
loadedround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 09:28 PM   #30

I highly recommend The Attic. Good prices good layaway.