Gun Broker Dealers Good & Bad - Page 9 - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Classifieds > Firearms Only

Like Tree72Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2018, 09:10 AM   #81

Originally Posted by RustyIron View Post
While I've never met Marshall face-to-face, I consider him trustworthy and would have to ask you to please reconsider your decision to shoot him.

Marshall's my home boy can't shoot him.
Marshall likes this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-01-2018, 07:21 AM   #82

I can tell you about one seller, the only one I've ever had a problem with. His name is Donald Shiminski. His seller name is dsjski on Gunbroker.

I won and auction on Gunbroker for a Kimber SVT 22 LR with a Nikon 3-9 EFR scope. The auction was for the rifle and scope along with the boxes for each. It took him over a week to ship the rifle.

When it showed up, he didn't send a copy of his driver's license, so the dealer couldn't even check the rifle in. It took 3 days to get a copy of his driver's license. When he finally sent it, the dealer was able to log the rifle in and I was finally able to see it.

There was a noticeable dent in the stock that wasn't in any of the pics on the auction. Furthermore, there wasn't any damage to the box. When I called him about the dent, his response was "oh, I did that. I dropped the gun on a cannon I have in my house when I was trying to take the scope off. I guess I should have mentioned it, but I didn't think you'd care"

I told him I did and that I wished to return it, and he agreed to refund my payment. The mistake I made was that I used PayPal to complete the payment. He refused to speak with me for several days and finally said that he would refund the auction price, but not the shipping, and only after the rifle was sent back to him.

I doubt very seriously that I would ever have seen the money and even if I did, by the time it was returned, I would have been out nearly $100 in shipping.

He has lots of positive reviews on Gunbroker, so maybe I was the exception, but the entire experience seemed to be nothing more than a guy willing to make no allowance for poor character.
Rolltide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 12:03 PM   #83

I have used Gunbroker for over 100 transactions, seller ID estate arms, and have always had good experiences. Legit guns for sale always FFL to FFL and means to track and contact sellers. Armslist....all I can say is buyer beware! lots and lots of scammers. One deal in Georgia required me to involve the US Postal Inpectors,but I got my money back.
Good luck, I hope your experiences on GB are similar to mine.
nsfdfiremed is offline   Reply With Quote