Kimber Talk Forums banner

Just What You Need......Another Damn Gun!

2K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  Wedgie 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay, that pretty much covers my wife' opinion of my latest acquisition!!

I hadn't been to one of my local firearms emporiums in a while, so I was compelled to drop by one on Tuesday this week. I was in a bit of a retro mood so I drifted over to the Smith & Wesson revolver section. I checked out a nice new S&W M-637 .38 Spl +P, 5 shot revolver.

After exchanging pleasantries with the salesman, we got down to serious haggling. I offered. He countered. I counter offered. He gave me his "final offer" and I determined that it was acceptable. However, not wishing to seem bested, I countered with $1 less. He thought for a second and said okay. I guess that makes me the best haggler!! Right??

The Ga Driver's License and Ga Weapons License displayed as proof that I was not a felon, an illegal immigrant, a terrorist or what not and completing the mandated paperwork, I departed with my new prize!!

I haven't owned a revolver in close to 20 years now. Just for giggles and grins, I am now happy to own one, again. After all, I cut my teeth on Smith and Wesson revolvers back in the day. They served me very well and so will this little J frame wonder!!

Fat, old, Ex-Lineman is grinning!!:D:D Brings back fond memories of my youth!!! :):):)

Oh yes, pics and range report attached below. Went to the shooting range at the near by WMA and blazed away for a while. Picture of target attached, also. While this is not match grade accuracy, it is quite capable of "Minute Of Scumbag" accuracy. That target was shot at 7 yards, double action. The little J frame had a decent trigger, but a bit of polishing on the trigger rebound slide and two coils clipped off the trigger rebound spring and it was ready to go. Single action pull is a nice crisp 2.7 lbs and the double action pull breaks at a smooth, consistent 9 lbs. (Learned that stuff from a Smith and Wesson Armorer way back in 1979 at the World Police Combat Championship in Pompano Beach, FL!!!) No failures, no issues, no grief!! Good little concealed carry revolver!! I'm just sayin'..............

Revolver Everyday carry Material property Gun accessory Gun barrel

Human body Purple Pink Violet Material property
<--Center mass, "Minute Of Scumbag Accuracy"!! :D:D:D

See less See more
#12 ·
Not Impressed!!

Over the years, my wife has seen hundreds of my targets. She thinks that one is the same as another. She will admit that I have improved over the years, but she is not impressed in the least!! She knows that I am good, but she is not impressed by it!! As she says, "Not a marketable skill!!!"

#8 · (Edited)
OH NO she Didn't! Congrats.

I had that same feeling the other day when my other voice bought the S&W model 19.

I assume this will be your first Smith with the little lock thingy, I don't own one with the lock. I don't expect any problems but there is internet talk regarding it.

#11 · (Edited)
Truth Be Told......

Actually, my wife is, after 46 years, used to the guns coming home. She is resigned to the fact. It is like the Tibetan mountain guru's answer to the question regarding the great mysteries of life......."IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN THUS"!!! She now accepts, without complaint. After all, I paid for the granite counter tops, the stone back splash in the kitchen, the hardwood flooring and the vacation trip to Florida. I didn't want any of that junk......she did. I didn't complain, I just paid and smiled!!! :D:D:D:rolleyes:

However, she does really refer to them as my "damn guns"!! Go figure!
What the hell, I guess I'll keep her. Who else would have me??? :confused::confused::confused::eek::rolleyes:

BTW, if you are impressed by the target I posted, you should see what I can do with a good old K-frame Smith!! After over 20 years of practice, competition shooting, hunting and well over 150,000 rounds fired through various K-frame revolvers, yeah, I'm damn good with one!! ;););)

#15 ·

I hadn't been to one of my local firearms emporiums in a while, so I was compelled to drop by one on Tuesday this week. I was in a bit of a retro mood so I drifted over to the Smith & Wesson revolver section. I checked out a nice new S&W M-637 .38 Spl +P, 5 shot revolver.

After exchanging pleasantries with the salesman, we got down to serious haggling. I offered. He countered. I counter offered. He gave me his "final offer" and I determined that it was acceptable. However, not wishing to seem bested, I countered with $1 less. He thought for a second and said okay. I guess that makes me the best haggler!! Right??

The Ga Driver's License and Ga Weapons License displayed as proof that I was not a felon, an illegal immigrant, a terrorist or what not and completing the mandated paperwork, I departed with my new prize!!

I haven't owned a revolver in close to 20 years now. Just for giggles and grins, I am now happy to own one, again. After all, I cut my teeth on Smith and Wesson revolvers back in the day. They served me very well and so will this little J frame wonder!!

Fat, old, Ex-Lineman is grinning!!:D:D Brings back fond memories of my youth!!! :):):)

Oh yes, pics and range report attached below. Went to the shooting range at the near by WMA and blazed away for a while. Picture of target attached, also. While this is not match grade accuracy, it is quite capable of "Minute Of Scumbag" accuracy. That target was shot at 7 yards, double action. The little J frame had a decent trigger, but a bit of polishing on the trigger rebound slide and two coils clipped off the trigger rebound spring and it was ready to go. Single action pull is a nice crisp 2.7 lbs and the double action pull breaks at a smooth, consistent 9 lbs. (Learned that stuff from a Smith and Wesson Armorer way back in 1979 at the World Police Combat Championship in Pompano Beach, FL!!!) No failures, no issues, no grief!! Good little concealed carry revolver!! I'm just sayin'..............

View attachment 42658

View attachment 42666 <--Center mass, "Minute Of Scumbag Accuracy"!! :D:D:D
I've learned after 47 years nothing I buy is acceptable, so I just buy what I want and brave the lashing. Nice J-frame makes be want one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#16 ·
Beautiful little gun and great shooting! Now, take my cue and buy your wife a gun when you buy yourself one. As I've stated before, make sure her new gun is just as nice if not nicer than yours. That always works for my hubby!

#17 ·
That's Not Gonna Work.....

Sorry Elf, that sounds like a great idea, BUT there is only one draw back. My wife wants absolutely nothing to do with guns. Years ago,
I told her that I at least wanted her to know enough to be able to check to see if a gun was loaded. She stated that she would, "NEVER, EVER touch one"!!! So I therefore advised her that "THEY ARE ALL LOADED"!!! End of discussion. Hell, I could buy her a Kimber Sapphire or a Stainless Micro Raptor and she would not be in the least impressed!!! She's just not a pistol packin' mama!!! :(:(:(:confused:

She is not afraid of them. Her dad and her brothers all hunt(ed) and there were guns in the house as she grew up. She just plain wants nothing to do with them.

#18 ·

View attachment 42658

View attachment 42666 <--Center mass, "Minute Of Scumbag Accuracy"!! :D:D:D
That is really nice Keith. I cannot afford any new guns at this moment. I will have to struggle along with my old S&W model 10-7!

Kitchen utensil Helmet Tableware Revolver Wood

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.