Wilson Combat CQB (CQB Elite) - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Classifieds > Firearms Only

Like Tree9Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2014, 08:13 AM   #1

Wilson Combat CQB (CQB Elite)

SOLD SOLD SOLD Mods Please Lock This UP!

WTS: Wilson Combat CQB (CQB Elite) Black on Black on Black
Price: SOLD...
Other information: I have a full size 5" Wilson Combat CQB that has been fully restored by Wilson Combat to match what they are currently calling a CQB Elite. Well over 1K in work done by Wilson. Upgraded Starburst grips, all bullet proof parts, serrated top and rear of slide, 1 Piece magwell, all reblended, flush cut and reverse crowned barrel, Polished barrel, all new Flatwire Springs kit (every spring in the pistol has been replaced), New Wilson Combat Battle sight and serrated front blade, Brand new Wilson Bag, all new in package paper work, along with spec receipt from Wilson. This is a 100% mint Wilson. If you were to order this pistol as it sits from Wilson you would be at over $4K. I am willing take as many pictures as you need or I would prefer you to come out to see this pistol in person.

PM with any and all questions

Last edited by cundiff5535; 12-11-2014 at 08:29 PM.
Remove Ads
Old 12-05-2014, 09:42 AM   #2

That is a fine looking firearm, I would love to own that. However I just can't justify spending that much money for one pistol. I guess if I shot in a lot competitions or something. Maybe some day?
cundiff5535 likes this.
Old 12-05-2014, 10:05 AM   #3

Well, I guess it's okay...

That is, if you like one of the most perfect, business-like, and form follows function 1911s I've ever seen!
cundiff5535 likes this.

Old 12-05-2014, 10:58 AM   #4
Super Moderator

That really came out nice, that's a fine looking gun.
cundiff5535 likes this.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:04 AM   #5

drool...drool...drool!
cundiff5535 likes this.

If you have a problem with that, choose a orifice.
End of subject.
Old 12-05-2014, 01:28 PM   #6

Obviously, if anyone in this forum is interested in this pistol, I am more than happy to have a discussion on price.

Thanks for all the compliments on the pistol... I have about 5 more I am going to list. Gotta pay some bills and the wife says these didn't make the cut... BOO!
Old 12-05-2014, 02:02 PM   #7
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cundiff5535 View Post
Obviously, if anyone in this forum is interested in this pistol, I am more than happy to have a discussion on price.

Thanks for all the compliments on the pistol... I have about 5 more I am going to list. Gotta pay some bills and the wife says these didn't make the cut... BOO!

Obviously, I could regret saying this but.......... bring them on, let's see what you've got.
2sharp2 and Chickadee like this.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:26 PM   #8

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
Obviously, I could regret saying this but.......... bring them on, let's see what you've got.
I hope he does not have a Stainless model that is a deal that I can't resist!

Question? When did the grooves on the front of the slide become "the thing" or standard. I really don't care for the look, prefer the smooth look slide.

Last edited by 2sharp2; 12-05-2014 at 07:29 PM.
Old 12-06-2014, 07:25 AM   #9

The serrations are def not the standard. Believe it or not, those are functional... The serrations on the back on the slide eliminate any change that you will get a glare while aiming. I do not think that its common that all the sudden the sun hits the back of your pistol and hurts your aim but, I know that can happen.

I personally really like them but, its my own taste

Ill try to get a few of those other pistols listed today.
Old 12-06-2014, 07:38 AM   #10

Originally Posted by cundiff5535 View Post
The serrations are def not the standard. Believe it or not, those are functional...
When I purchase a firearm--or have one built--I first decide what I'm going to use it for. If it's a recreational pistol, I tend to go more for looks. There's a YouTube video (link below) of a Kimber I'd love to own, but I'd play with it, not carry it.

On a pistol used for defense, I don't care about cosmetics, at all. Yeah, it would have been nice to have more hard-chroming or stainless on my new Ultra II, but its job is saving my hide, not me protecting its "skin."

In fact, I'm thinking of buying one of those desert tan SIG Sauer P238s (with ambidextrous safeties) as a matching pistol for my current one in diamond plate finish.

To be honest, I'm not crazy about front serrations, either. But if I built a pistol in a similar fashion, and I felt it would give me one more tool for survival, I would include the modification.

Closed Thread

Search tags for this page

older wilson combat cqb bullet proof parts

what is my wilson combat cqb elite worth

Click on a term to search for related topics.