• 1 Post By os-wiz
  • 3 Post By Gmountain
  • 1 Post By Tankgunner
  • 1 Post By The Tourist
  • 1 Post By Deputy347k9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2015, 03:35 PM   #1

Custom Glock trading towards my Kimber

This is my G19 sweetheart!! This is what is going to help me get back into my Raptor.
This Glock is my sexy girl! RTF2 frame, Surefire (the flashlight company) Threaded barrel, Agency Arms low profile magwell, Trijicon HD orange night sites, Vickers tactical base plates!
Only for my new Raptor! LOl
Just for you Glock people to enjoy before it goes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg frank11.jpg (223.9 KB, 13 views)
Chuck43, Dude22 and Deputy347k9 like this.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:23 PM   #2

What's a Glock????
Deputy347k9 likes this.
IDPA (CCP)
os-wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 04:58 PM   #3

Glocks don't do much for me. If ever there was a gun that was just a tool, it's a Glock. Now, that's not to say they aren't good, reliable guns. I carried a G19 for a long time, and have a few others, but they have no soul.
Chuck43, 2sharp2 and Deputy347k9 like this.
Gmountain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-2015, 07:55 PM   #4

Don't sell it, find another way to get the money, you'll regret it later.

Almost as much as I like 1911s, I like Glocks. I actually own more Glocks then 1911s, my newest Glock is a 41 and it is a joy to shoot. Very acurate(trashed the crappy plastic sights and installed Wilson Combat battle sights with a fiber optic front) and a soft shooter, 14 rounds of 45acp hard not to like.
Oldsoul likes this.
Tankgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 08:54 PM   #5

Originally Posted by Tankgunner View Post
Don't sell it, find another way to get the money, you'll regret it later.

Almost as much as I like 1911s, I like Glocks. I actually own more Glocks then 1911s, my newest Glock is a 41 and it is a joy to shoot. Very acurate(trashed the crappy plastic sights and installed Wilson Combat battle sights with a fiber optic front) and a soft shooter, 14 rounds of 45acp hard not to like.
I know about the 41! Love it and I'm currently running my G34 as my Edc the 9mm equal to the 41. Love glocks too!
As for not having a soul, not true . It is a tool. I use it as tool everyday at work. Keep the part top notch and clean but the slide wear and scratches do give it soul! It is ready and willing to fight and protect at a seconds notice and in return keep her running smooth and clean
Old 07-25-2015, 03:22 AM   #6

Originally Posted by Tankgunner View Post
Don't sell it, find another way to get the money, you'll regret it later. Almost as much as I like 1911s, I like Glocks.
I agree with your overall idea, but I don't like Glocks either. That needs an explanation.

I'm one of those guys that believe a Glock has no soul. I like several of the polymer frame, striker fired pistols, even the ones in 9x19. And I've even owned three Glocks, all in .40 SW.

But even though I readily admitted they were at a good price point, they functioned and one of mine was crazy accurate, I just never thought of it as a "gun." To me it was just "loud furniture."

I'm sure a Camaro is a fast car, I just love Mustangs. My wife eats chocolate by the metric ton, I'm good for a single Hershey's Kiss. Lots of my friends and clients carry a ten dollar knife, I like things a tad more exotic. And I think this topic touches on the same issues.

If the OP finds his Glock enjoyable and reliable then it might be better to find cash by selling something else. It comes down to the issue on how he feels about the value this Glock brings to his enjoyment and personal safety.

I sold mine and never missed them.
Oldsoul likes this.
Old 07-25-2015, 05:31 AM   #7

For nearly twenty years my issue weapon was a Glock, either 9MM or 40. They served their purpose and I found them to be quite accurate and reliable. Times I retired I owned a fair number of various Glocks. Then.... I purchased my first H&K! I was so astounded with the H&K VP9, accuracy and oh my God, just to hold it was heaven! The first one I purchased was the standard one that comes with 2 mags and no night sites. Within 2 or 3 weeks I purchased a second H&K VP9, this one with 3 mags and night sites. I have never been so thrilled with a handgun (other then my Kimbers). I no longer own a Glock and very much doubt that I ever will, unless a super duper trade brings one home.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thHD08R7V2.jpg (12.9 KB, 8 views)
Oldsoul likes this.

Last edited by Deputy347k9; 07-25-2015 at 05:35 AM.
Deputy347k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 12:33 PM   #8

Originally Posted by Deputy347k9 View Post
For nearly twenty years my issue weapon was a Glock, either 9MM or 40. They served their purpose and I found them to be quite accurate and reliable. Times I retired I owned a fair number of various Glocks. Then.... I purchased my first H&K! I was so astounded with the H&K VP9, accuracy and oh my God, just to hold it was heaven! The first one I purchased was the standard one that comes with 2 mags and no night sites. Within 2 or 3 weeks I purchased a second H&K VP9, this one with 3 mags and night sites. I have never been so thrilled with a handgun (other then my Kimbers). I no longer own a Glock and very much doubt that I ever will, unless a super duper trade brings one home.
I have heard many good things about the VP9/VP40, but I will never own one or any other H&k. Shame really because they make a great handgun, but the mag release is a deal breaker for me. Don't get me wrong I know with continued training I could become profeciant with it, but with all the push button mag release guns I own and the years and years of training with them I got no reason to start with a lever.
I finally bought a Walther with the release of the PPQ M2(push button mag release) I like it good gun, but still prefer Glocks.
Tankgunner is offline   Reply With Quote