Master Carbon Fiber Spring Assisted Pocket Knife - $5.88 - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Vendors > Gun.Deals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2019, 09:45 PM   #1
Official Vendor

Master Carbon Fiber Spring Assisted Pocket Knife - $5.88

Master Carbon Fiber Spring Assisted Tactical Pocket Knife - $5.88 (Free S/H over $25)

apps47inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-13-2019, 10:50 PM   #2

BAIT AND SWITCH!
CROOKED SELLER.
SCAM.

Just another instance of apps47inc lying about pricing. This is not the first time, and I've complained about it TWICE, right here on Kimbertalk. Don't believe me? Click on it. See if you get it for that price.

I have purchased twice from apps47inc. One was a set of punches. The steel they were made of is soft like butter. Junk. I threw them straight into the trash.

The other item I purchased was a pack of ten credit card knives. I ordered them and it was a month before I got them. I intended to give them to friends, but really, they seem far too insecure and dangerous even to carry, let alone use.

Their business plan seems to be to sell junk so cheap that it's easier for customers to throw the product in the trash rather than complain. Or to mark up prices and hope that customers don't notice. Well, I notice these things.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 05:46 PM   #3

Huh? I don't get all the fuss. It's a $5.88 knife. Of course it's junk. But maybe it doesn't have that nasty 'asymmetrical' grind as does your Emerson.

OK, I clicked on the Amazon Buy it Now link that Apps47 provided. Shows $6.20. 32 penny swing doesn't surprise me as I've seen Amazon prices move in minutes.

Speaking of... years ago the wife ordered a junk knife at a similar price. I told the wife to return it. Amazon told her to keep it and refunded her the purchase price.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 04-14-2019 at 05:49 PM.
ChattanoogaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2019, 10:07 PM   #4

Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
OK, I clicked on the Amazon Buy it Now link that Apps47 provided. Shows $6.20. 32 penny swing doesn't surprise me as I've seen Amazon prices move in minutes.
In the crew that I hang with, when a man tells you his price, that's the price. There's no backpedalling, there's not upselling, there's no baiting, and there's no switching.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 05:13 AM   #5

Why do you guys think I keep recommending Joyce and Nick?

I sell knives, too. But I would never sell junk to a guy who's life might depend on tools I give him.

Joyce has access to stuff I do not. And real carbon fiber ups the ante on any price. Call her instead. 828-884-4302
Old 04-15-2019, 09:40 AM   #6

Originally Posted by RustyIron View Post
In the crew that I hang with, when a man tells you his price, that's the price. There's no backpedalling, there's not upselling, there's no baiting, and there's no switching.
As far as I know Apps47 provides links to GunDeals' search engine which in turn provides links to actual sellers, like Brownell's, Amazon or wherever. Doesn't control price or product. However, you can subscribe and use it as a tool for things like notifications if/when a product reaches a price point you set or falls below, or compare prices among different sellers. This isn't your corner grocer with a window ad for ten cent Apples and honoring 'his price'.

99% of the time it's stuff I'm not interested in, but now and then Apps47 does provide a heads-up to something of interest at an unusually low price. I've caught an ammo deal I might have otherwise missed. Use it to your advantage or not, but complaining about something it isn't seems silly.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 04-15-2019 at 09:50 AM.
ChattanoogaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 01:07 PM   #7

'Phil, I view this type of thing like I do gas stations with privately hired mechanics. Some provide excellent service, most do not. I've never gotten burned by Joyce and Nick, but one time I ordered a copper plated Boker from Blade HQ because their computer pages look identical.

Here's the sad truth. We have a forum to play in because salesmen are paying the tab. Frankly, I do buy cheap(er) knives for clients because they want the edge not the knife. I would consider throwing the salesmen a bone if they offered some flexibility.