Kimber Talk Forums banner

Installed takedown pin wrong on micro 9, help!

5K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  Chuck43 
#1 ·
New guy here,
I stripped my micro 9 down for the first time today for a cleaning. I realized I installed the take down pin wrong and now I can't get it back out! The barrel is loose and moves around. The spring back rod is stick out. I've been googling and youtubing but I haven't been able to figure it out. Do you guys have any suggestions for me?

#4 · (Edited)
Did you install the slide stop pin behind the barrel lug? If so you are going to have to carefully drive it back out after lining all slide openings up correctly. Use a chop stick and brass or plastic mallet. But check with others before listening to me. I don't have a Micro 9 but I think I read this resolution on this forum before. Good luck!

#6 ·
Did you instLl the slide stop pin behind the barrel lug? If so you are going to have to carefully drive it back out after lining all slide openings up correctly. Use a chop stick and brass or plastic mallet. But check with others before listening to me. I don't have a Micro 9 but I think I read this resolution on this forum before. Good luck!
I thought it would come to something like this. What exactly does lining up all slide openings mean? In the position I'd put it in to remove the take down pin?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.