• 1 Post By JC45
  • 1 Post By thehobbygunsmith
  • 2 Post By JBear
  • 1 Post By JC45
  • 1 Post By JC45
  • 1 Post By JBear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2018, 12:25 PM   #1

Frame Modification (Trigger Guard Undercut)

Hey guys, so i uploaded a new video its not Kimber Related but i thought some of you may be interested if you own any polymer frame guns or have every been interested in how these companies modify the frames on a polymer style pistol. How you guys like this one and if you havent subscribed to my channel please do so it really helps me out. Thanks and feel free to comment.

thehobbygunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-14-2018, 08:32 PM   #2

I could see where modifying a polymer or other firearm could be rewarding on an personal achievement level. The only things I'd suggest would be advocating some practice with that Dremel on a similar material prior to carving into that $500.00 Glock and investing in a bench vise??? A disclaimer mentioning that any such modifications will void the warranty and may render the firearm structurally compromised might be a good idea too??? You've got to remember not everyone who may watch a YouTube video has the common sense you're assuming. Remove too much plastic and you've got you a ruined Glock!!!
...the pistol looks good though :-)
thehobbygunsmith likes this.
cousinmark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 09:08 PM   #3

Originally Posted by cousinmark View Post
I could see where modifying a polymer or other firearm could be rewarding on an personal achievement level. The only things I'd suggest would be advocating some practice with that Dremel on a similar material prior to carving into that $500.00 Glock and investing in a bench vise??? A disclaimer mentioning that any such modifications will void the warranty and may render the firearm structurally compromised might be a good idea too??? You've got to remember not everyone who may watch a YouTube video has the common sense you're assuming. Remove too much plastic and you've got you a ruined Glock!!!
...the pistol looks good though :-)
Trust me I agree with you 100% hence why I put the disclaimer on the video description. I do these videos as a hobby and as a educational video for the curious on these subjects. For those who dare venture into these things I'm pretty sure will try on other materials before attempting to do something that can ruin a expensive part.

Old 09-15-2018, 02:10 AM   #4

The one thing I didn’t like about my M&P Shield 9mm was the texture on the undercut of the trigger guard. I don’t own this gun anymore but if I did I would try this, not to take off as much as you did for extra finger room but just enough to smooth things out under the trigger guard.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 05:58 AM   #5

Originally Posted by JC45 View Post
The one thing I didnít like about my M&P Shield 9mm was the texture on the undercut of the trigger guard. I donít own this gun anymore but if I did I would try this, not to take off as much as you did for extra finger room but just enough to smooth things out under the trigger guard.
I've done a few M&P's as you described for customers back when I had my shop. The texturing on the undercut bothered a few people.
JC45 likes this.
Old 09-15-2018, 06:06 AM   #6

Huh, I've never noticed that on my Shield 9. Hundreds of rounds without any discomfort. I wonder if I'm going to obsess over it now...
JC45 and thehobbygunsmith like this.
JBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 06:11 AM   #7

Originally Posted by thehobbygunsmith View Post
I've done a few M&P's as you described for customers back when I had my shop. The texturing on the undercut bothered a few people.
Like everything else is not good or bad just your personal preference.
Old 09-15-2018, 06:13 AM   #8

Originally Posted by JBear View Post
Huh, I've never noticed that on my Shield 9. Hundreds of rounds without any discomfort. I wonder if I'm going to obsess over it now...
I hope not.
Old 09-15-2018, 04:18 PM   #9

No no, now I can't stop thinking about it. So thanks for that.
JBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 03:21 PM   #10

Originally Posted by JBear View Post
No no, now I can't stop thinking about it. So thanks for that.
Hahahahaha it's a personal preference thing brother, I does not bother some people.

Search tags for this page
1911 frame undercut trigger guard
1911 trigger guard undercut

undercut 1911 trigger guard

Click on a term to search for related topics.