• 1 Post By Wingnut
  • 1 Post By cousinmark
  • 1 Post By JC45
  • 1 Post By Chuck43
  • 2 Post By cousinmark

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2019, 07:39 AM   #1

CZ 75bd Night Sights

I recently picked up a Wheeler Sight Pusher so Iím looking to replace some sight on guns I own that donít have night sights. I really donít have many without night sights. My CZ 75bd came with plastic illuminated sights. They get green when exposed to light and if the gun doesnít get much light they donít glow. It was a good candidate for new sights.

I found a set on the Cajun Gun Works website. They are made by Dawson Precision for Cajun. Dawson supplies a nylon tipped punch and an aluminum punch for installation with their sights. They were about $126 with shipping. Of course today they are offering free shipping. They are 3 dot tritium with a white ring on the front sight.

I started on the front sight. The sight sits in a dovetail but unlike a 1911 it has a pin that holds the sight in place and the sight slides in from the muzzle end and slides towards the hammer. This sight had the notch in the bottom of the sight but it need to be fit to allow the pin to go through the slide. On some you have to drill the sight. The sight fit perfect in the dovetail but the notch needed some fitting. Instead of using a drill I chose to use a round precision file. I could see a mark on the notch when I tried to hammer the pin so thatís where I started to file. I kept filing a little at a time until the pin fit through the hole. It was I nice snug fit and I added a little blue Loctite to the pin before setting it in place. Everything went well.

The rear sight was just pressed in with no set screw. I set the slide in the Wheeler Pusher aligned everything up. I pushed the sight out from left to right with little difficulty. I heard a pop and then it can out very smooth. The new sight needed to be fitted so I used a flat file, sanding block and a Sharpie. I marked the bottom of the sight with the Sharpie and filed it off until it went about a 1/4 to 1/3 the way in the dovetail and then cleaned it up on the sanding block with very fine sandpaper. I also broke the edge of the dovetail with a triangle file as recommended on a video by Dave Dawson. It was great advice. At this point I was ready to use the pusher so I added blue Loctite to the bottom of the sight and pushed it right in with no problem. Align the sight and took some measurements. Everything looks great but I wonít be able to go shooting until next week.

Hereís a couple of pictures, next time Iíll take pictures as I go. You can see the front pin in the picture to the right.
RustyIron and cousinmark like this.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-09-2019, 09:47 AM   #2

I like those sights. Thanks for the pics.
JC45 likes this.
Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 09:48 AM   #3

Looks pretty centered, nice work.
Maybe I should have sent you my RAMI BD? After centering of the front sight by CZ USA (it's a side to side type) it died, they replaced it and the replacement promptly died!!! The gunsmith at CZ authorized a replacement pistol as he said the sights on the 2075 were too tricky to get right? He also said they used a drift at CZ USA rather than a press? I'm waiting for the next batch of pistols to make it to the US for my replacement. When they call to let me know it's here I'm going to mention you had success using the Wheeler.
BTW, how do you like the CZ?
JC45 likes this.

Last edited by cousinmark; 02-09-2019 at 09:51 AM.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2019, 10:54 AM   #4

Originally Posted by cousinmark View Post
Looks pretty centered, nice work.
Maybe I should have sent you my RAMI BD? After centering of the front sight by CZ USA (it's a side to side type) it died, they replaced it and the replacement promptly died!!! The gunsmith at CZ authorized a replacement pistol as he said the sights on the 2075 were too tricky to get right? He also said they used a drift at CZ USA rather than a press? I'm waiting for the next batch of pistols to make it to the US for my replacement. When they call to let me know it's here I'm going to mention you had success using the Wheeler.
BTW, how do you like the CZ?
I did move this sight to the right a bit after I took this picture. It looks pretty good and when I put a laser boresighter in the barrel it was dead on. Time will tell.

Good luck with the next RAMI. I like the 75bd, it a good shooter and I think with some trigger work it’s going to be great. I don’t mind putting a few bucks into it because it was only about $550.
Btw Cajun has the same night sights for your RAMI.

https://cajungunworks.com/product/72...t-sights-rami/
cousinmark likes this.

Last edited by JC45; 02-09-2019 at 11:18 AM.
Old 02-09-2019, 10:58 AM   #5

Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
I like those sights. Thanks for the pics.
Thanks Skip, I think Iím going to be happy with them. Next week when I go shooting Iíll find out for sure.
Old 02-09-2019, 11:31 AM   #6
Super Moderator

Nice work John, that looks like a nice set of sights.
JC45 likes this.
Old 02-09-2019, 11:55 AM   #7

Originally Posted by JC45 View Post
I did move this sight to the right a bit after I took this picture. It looks pretty good and when I put a laser boresighter in the barrel it was dead on. Time will tell.

Good luck with the next RAMI. I like the 75bd, it a good shooter and I think with some trigger work itís going to be great. I donít mind putting a few bucks into it because it was only about $550.
Btw Cajun has the same night sights for your RAMI.

https://cajungunworks.com/product/72...t-sights-rami/
...Yup, CGW has a bunch of stuff. The 2075s come with night sights so I should be ok provided they're centered. I actually liked the stock trigger on the first RAMI, hopefully the replacement will be similar.
Chuck43 and JC45 like this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 11:57 AM   #8

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
Nice work John, that looks like a nice set of sights.
Thanks Chuck. Never tried Dawson Sights before this but they are well built.