Kimber Talk Forums banner

Magazine Carrier Suggestions

3K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Mike240 
#1 ·
Hoping you guys can help me out with this one. Figured you've helped with other stuff so what the heck.

I am looking for a double mag carrier that carries in the horizontal position. I prefer black leather with some kind of retention screws. So far all I have found is a Desantis Leather A01 that goes either vertical or horizontal. I can't seem to find any pics or reviews on the horizontal mounting of it.

Thanks as always.

#5 ·
Thought if I went horizontal it might be easier to conceal. I have see a few single carriers that seem pretty streamlined to belt. Thoughts on horizontal?

#6 ·
You may have a real problem finding a double horizontal. I can't see it being any easier to conceal, to start with. By the time one considers the width of the two mags and what ever space the maker put between them, the vertical distance is going to be similar to the length of a standard magazine. But, I think the biggest reason a horizontal piece will be scarce is gravity. Why fight it while trying to build a better mouse trap? Most makers are going to allow gravity be the primary source of retention.

#7 ·
I don't think I've ever seen a double horizontal magazine carrier, your best bet may to contact one of the many custom holster makers and see if they could make on for you.

#13 ·
After exploring my options I think this might be my best option. It is made by Galco_Only a 1 mag carrier but I would pray that 16 rounds on me including one in the chamber would be more that enough. Anyone using one of these?

#14 ·
That single mag holder from Galco might work but the double from CopQuest with the snaps could be a problem. The joints in my fingers and shoulders just don't have the flexibility that they once had and reaching behind me and working snaps could get me in trouble. Personally knowing the limits of my flexibility and dexterity I would stick with a vertical mag holder but that's just me.

#15 ·
That Galco unit is a nice idea but the mag sticking out doesn't do much for concealment. Looks like, never tuck your shirt or always wear a jacket.

#17 ·
One other thing is that I also carry an XDS45 on a more regular basis and these will work with those mags as well. It does pose an issue when trying to tuck a shirt though as Islander has stated but I think that would be true of any belt mounted mag carrier.

Reactions: Islander
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.