Kimber Talk Forums banner

The Itch Begins

3K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  runnr548 
#1 ·
There's someday and maybe, and then there is the time when you say "I'm gonna do it!" Once you say that, you start thinking about it all the time...you know what I'm talking about. THE ITCH. Or maybe The Bug. Whatever, it requires scratching.

I'm scratching. I've decided to start saving my couch money to buy a Royal II. My question is: have any of you bought one or seen one. I'm sure they are awesome shooters, but what I am wondering is what they look like for real. Kimber takes great looking pictures for their web site. Is the real thing as pretty as it looks in the pictures? It's not like you're going to see a Royal II in your LGS.

I wants it.....:eek:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
There's someday and maybe, and then there is the time when you say "I'm gonna do it!" Once you say that, you start thinking about it all the time...you know what I'm talking about. THE ITCH. Or maybe The Bug. Whatever, it requires scratching.

I'm scratching. I've decided to start saving my couch money to buy a Royal II. My question is: have any of you bought one or seen one. I'm sure they are awesome shooters, but what I am wondering is what they look like for real. Kimber takes great looking pictures for their web site. Is the real thing as pretty as it looks in the pictures? It's not like you're going to see a Royal II in your LG
I wants it.....:eek:
I have never seen a Royal. Will this do?
Kimber Classic Carry Pro 45ACP In Stock! : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

#3 ·
I'd really like to see one in person. Most things you drop 2k on you get to actually see first. Too bad I don't want a Taurus! They're like rabbits in gun stores...they just seem to multiply.

#5 ·
Talk about a pair of BBQ guns wow. I've always loved the look of both guns but the classic carry pro would be my first choice of the two. In a way it's good that the odds of finding one in my LGS are next to nothing good because if either one or both were to suddenly appear there I'd find a way to take them both home.

#7 ·
Yep. I unfolded the wish list and the Royal II had made it to the top. And it was circled. And underlined. In red.

Chuck, since I have a Pro, and I'm not a fan of the bobtail look, and I want a 5-inch Kimber....that Royal is saying "you know I'm the one!"

Btw, what is the BBQ reference? Q as in safe queen?

#10 ·
Fellers, I itch and scratch All the time, sometimes for no apparent reason but to just get anudder....:eek:

#11 ·
Insta-Gator, Sketter and a couple of other members in the Georgia area are talking about doing something like that. Depending on how far you are from the area they are planing the gathering at you might want to look into getting together with them.

#12 ·
Not seen your itch gun in person. BBQ gun, I like that idea. Count me in for the Georgia BBQ and gun club.

I have the itch for a Kimber Sapphire Ultra. Only seen pictures on Gunbroker and other sites.

#13 · (Edited)
Saw a Royal II in a LGS today, but it wasn't blued, it didn't have bone and it was $800. In fact, it looked like an Eclipse. Wondering what's wrong with it. It was on consignment, so maybe somebody just needs the cash.

#15 ·
Actually, my other brother Chuck is considering being the sponsor for the Southern Guns & BBQ weekend. But we're all willing co-conspirators.

#17 ·
If RBGC is concerned, we could just pick a local place for a BBQ or a BBQ restaurant and then visit the nearest range.

It's the fun that counts, not the location. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.