Recoil question on compact models like super carry ultra + - Kimber Forum

Kimber


Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber 1911 Forum

Like Tree16Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2014, 08:01 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3
Question Recoil question on compact models like super carry ultra +

I have been shooting small 9mm Sigs (P239) for a while and am very comfortable with them shooting "rapid-fire." I can accurately place several shots in the same area on a target 7 yards out very quickly. Only fired a .45 once before so I have a question about recoil/muzzle flip particularly on a smaller frame model.

Does anyone own a super carry ultra plus? What is the recoil like on such a small frame pistol? Are you able to get off two-three round very quickly and have them land pretty close to each other?
caustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-03-2014, 08:19 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Walkingman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Saint George, Utah
Posts: 276
Originally Posted by caustic View Post
I have been shooting small 9mm Sigs (P239) for a while and am very comfortable with them shooting "rapid-fire." I can accurately place several shots in the same area on a target 7 yards out very quickly. Only fired a .45 once before so I have a question about recoil/muzzle flip particularly on a smaller frame model.

Does anyone own a super carry ultra plus? What is the recoil like on such a small frame pistol? Are you able to get off two-three round very quickly and have them land pretty close to each other?
one of my first semi autos was a p239 .40. I love the gun. I carry an Ultra CDP2 and I have ordered an Ultra CDP2+ ( November maybe). The kick of a 3" 45 is considerably stronger and a few hundred rounds might be necessary to feel comfortable with it. After that? You won't look back and you won't regret it. They are beautifully constructed 1911's and they are as dependable as they are beautiful. I still love my 239, I just bought Meprolite night sights for it, but the Kimber is a different beast. And I mean BEAST. I would love to hear about your extended grip cdp.
Walkingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:22 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Chuck66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 451
Originally Posted by Walkingman View Post
one of my first semi autos was a p239 .40. I love the gun. I carry an Ultra CDP2 and I have ordered an Ultra CDP2+ ( November maybe). The kick of a 3" 45 is considerably stronger and a few hundred rounds might be necessary to feel comfortable with it. After that? You won't look back and you won't regret it. They are beautifully constructed 1911's and they are as dependable as they are beautiful. I still love my 239, I just bought Meprolite night sights for it, but the Kimber is a different beast. And I mean BEAST. I would love to hear about your extended grip cdp.
I'm not near as seasoned a shooter as many on here but my Ultra Raptor shoots like a dream. There is definitely more recoil with the smaller, lighter gun but its easily manageable in my opinion.

As I mentioned in an earlier thread, I shoot as accurately, if not more accurately, from 10 yards and closer with my Ultra Raptor compared to my Warrior SOC full size. Including rapid fire.

I'm sure each person is a little different though. For me, the Ultra fits my hands perfectly...... Well so does any Kimber for that matter!
Chuck66 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 04-03-2014, 01:24 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Marshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Cardinal Nation
Posts: 19,278
My girlfriend just bought the Ultra TLE 3in a couple of months ago and it does have some kick to it but nothing you can't handle. I can hit the red in rapid fire from 10 yds and have 5-6 dead center. She tends to 7 o'clock it if she's not concentrating enough but she loves it and it's her edc...It's a beauty to shoot and easy on the eyes..
OscarZ and Chuck66 like this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:43 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Ultraman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: South Lake Tahoe CA
Posts: 868
As I've said before my all steel ultra 3" is my 17 year old daughter's favorite gun. She's 5'1" and barely over 100 lbs.
I don't even want to hear about recoil from y'all or there will be some name calling here...

Insta-Gator and Lineman like this.
Ultraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:29 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Nellybelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,545
I own both Kimber Crimson Custom II and a Super Scary Ultra Plus. The regular size grip frame is easy to hold onto and I don't notice a difference in recoil. Buy the SCUP and you won't regret it.
Chuck43 and Insta-Gator like this.
Nellybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:51 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Josey Wales's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Crooked River Ranch
Posts: 260
Originally Posted by caustic View Post
I have been shooting small 9mm Sigs (P239) for a while and am very comfortable with them shooting "rapid-fire." I can accurately place several shots in the same area on a target 7 yards out very quickly. Only fired a .45 once before so I have a question about recoil/muzzle flip particularly on a smaller frame model.

Does anyone own a super carry ultra plus? What is the recoil like on such a small frame pistol? Are you able to get off two-three round very quickly and have them land pretty close to each other?
I have 3 ultras and a SCP HD, but by far my favorite shooter and EDC is my Super Carry Ultra plus, control in a smaller package, I can get 3" groups,

Mine is modified, I installed an RCP Ultra grip safety with shorter beavertail and I installed a single side safety removing the ambi, grip tape on front strap and VZ thin grips.

__________________
NRA Life
SASS 96744

" Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is"
Josey Wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:53 PM   #8
Super Moderator
 
Islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 5,126
Originally Posted by Josey Wales View Post
I have 3 ultras and a SCP HD, but by far my favorite shooter and EDC is my Super Carry Ultra plus, control in a smaller package, I can get 3" groups,

Mine is modified, I installed an RCP Ultra grip safety with shorter beavertail and I installed a single side safety removing the ambi, grip tape on front strap and VZ thin grips.

I like that a lot! Looks like it would carry very well.
__________________
Steve

Ohio Chl holder
NRA member
Old age isn't for sissy's
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:01 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Marshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Cardinal Nation
Posts: 19,278
Bad to the bone Josey...Very nice..
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:05 PM   #10
Super Moderator
 
Islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 5,126
I think I just found a new "lust" gun!
Marshall and Insta-Gator like this.
__________________
Steve

Ohio Chl holder
NRA member
Old age isn't for sissy's
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Search tags for this page

how much recoil in kimber super carry ultra hd

,

kimber super carry ultra

,

kimber ultra carry recoil while shooting

,

pictures f kimber super carry with aftermarket grips

,

recoil kimber carry ultra

,

super carry ultra plus vz grips

,

super carry ultra single sided safety

,

wen

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Super Ultra Carry+ Moondawg Firearms Only 14 04-22-2014 10:45 AM
Noob w/ ? re: perceived recoil of Ultra & Compact CDP II Models turtle93 Kimber 1911 Forum 40 03-04-2014 02:05 PM
Question about recoil springs Nellybelle Kimber 1911 Forum 12 01-02-2014 05:50 PM
Super Carry ultra HD or Rapture Kutzlertrans Kimber Talk 0 01-09-2013 10:23 AM