Pro Carry II HD - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber 1911 Forum

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2016, 03:35 PM   #1

Pro Carry II HD

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and not yet a kimber owner. I'm looking to get my first Kimber soon but have some questions. First off the only 1911 I have now is my SA TRP stainless which I love. I now want a 4" 1911 but still want all steel so that brings me to the pro carry II HD. now all over the Internet people bash Kimbers quality and customer service. I take that with a grain of salt because more people talk when they're unhappy rather than when they're happy about something. Sorry about all the rambling, so I'm looking to find out if the pro carry II HD is in fact a good reliable gun from anyone that actually has one. My thought Is if the gun is good then customer service shouldn't matter but I'd like to hear any good or bad about that as well. Thanks to all in advance for your input.
Cjkoz1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-07-2016, 04:25 PM   #2

Welcome to KT

If you read through the forum you will see that we are (1) big fans of Kimber, (2) blatantly honest in our opinion of our guns, good or bad, (3) we love Kimber's customer support, (4) most of us own more than one Kimber and an assortment of other firearms.

I also prefer all steel. My all steel Kimbers are (1) Super Carry Ultra HD, (2) Stainless Raptor Pro II, (3) Stainless TLE Pro II. They are all fine pistols, each and every one. Whether you choose to listen to the Kimber bashing, is up to you. But you will find that our affection for Kimber pistols does not stop us from being honest and, hopefully, objective about them.
Marshall, 2sharp2, Tinman and 2 others like this.

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)

Last edited by Insta-Gator; 09-08-2016 at 01:22 AM.
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 04:48 PM   #3

Originally Posted by Insta-Gator View Post
Welcome to KT

If you read through the forum you will see that we are (1) big fans of Kimber, (2) blatantly honest in our opinion of our guns, good or bad, (3) we love Kimber's customer support, (4) most of us own more than one Kimber and an assortment of other firearms.

I also prefer all steel. My all steel Kimbers are (1) Super Carry Ultra HD, (2) Stainless Raptor Pro II, (3) Stainless Carry Pro II. They are all fine pistols, each and every one. Whether you choose to listen to the Kimber bashing, is up to you. But you will find that our affection for Kimber pistols does not stop us from being honest and, hopefully, objective about them.
Welcome to KT and ditto on what Gator said...
2sharp2 likes this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2016, 05:13 PM   #4

Cjkoz, first welcome to the site from Tennessee. You may not want to listen to me because I do NOT own a SC Pro HD. However I do own 12 Kimber's which might get me a little credit. You are smart not to believe everything you read on the internet. Mine are listed below some bought new and some used, never had a malfunction with any of them, lucky maybe. The ones I have that are all steel are fine shooters but would be a little heavy to conceal carry, all depends on your intended use. Some members have had problems with various models of Kimber's 1911's, can't remember any that were not taken care of by the mothership. As a matter of fact Chuck and Zoomy and a few others had a problem with there SC Pro's but all were corrected by Kimber.

Around here if you don't want a honest answer don't ask the question.
Lot of smart and gun smart members on this site.
swca likes this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
2sharp2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 07:30 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois, Cjkoz1975, 2sharp2 is mistaken on the guns that zoomy and I had a problem with that was quickly corrected by Kimber. The gun was the Classic Carry Pro, I own both aluminum and steel framed pro size Kimbers and really can't tell any difference when shooting them.

Last edited by Chuck43; 09-08-2016 at 06:18 AM.
Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 08:41 PM   #6

Get it you wont regret it.
Old 09-07-2016, 11:08 PM   #7

I have three Kimbers one Pro size with an aluminum frame and two full size Kimbers both with steel frames. Love all three and I am presently shopping for a fourth I hope to add an ultra to my collection.
By the way welcome to the forum hope to hear about your first kimber purchase very soon. The first one is the hardest but since they are very addictive it gets easier and easier. I hope I don't scare you!

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm
swca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 12:19 AM   #8

Guys, I appreciate all of your opinions and experiences. I will be taking a little bit of time before I purchase as I usually do. I am also considering the TLE II in the 4" configuration. It appears to have some of the same features as my TRP. I will definitely post again when I do get it.

Chuck43, I am also in Illinois how far North are you?
2sharp2 likes this.
Cjkoz1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 03:58 AM   #9

Welcome from Northeast, Pa.
My Kimber's are my best shooting guns but I'm a fan of many guns. I've been looking on gun broker at the TLE because I was very surprised at the price. It was lower than I expected. It also come with night sights, I don't think the PC comes with night sights. I'm not I big fan of the green grips but that's a quick fix.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 06:20 AM   #10
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Cjkoz1975 View Post
Guys, I appreciate all of your opinions and experiences. I will be taking a little bit of time before I purchase as I usually do. I am also considering the TLE II in the 4" configuration. It appears to have some of the same features as my TRP. I will definitely post again when I do get it.

Chuck43, I am also in Illinois how far North are you?
I'm just west of O'Hare airport.

Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote