Ultra Carry II 9mm Magazines - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber 1911 Forum

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2016, 01:55 PM   #1

Ultra Carry II 9mm Magazines

Hello fine folks! I'd like to start some discussion regarding a subject I could not find much about here or online. I am finding feedback from customer reviews on several sites such as Midway although it's not clear enough and I don't want to spend money un-necessarily.

I have an Ultra Carry II 9mm enroute and I'd like to pick-up some extra mags. I have purchased Wilson Combat magazines for my Pro Carry II .45ACP although options for the Ultra Carry II in a 9mm are not as readily available.

I really like the Wilson Combat options although reviews show they do not work well with the UC II 9mm. Does anyone have any experience with these and what model specifically did you get? Also are there any other options besides "Joe Mags" which appear to be the exact one supplied by Kimber sans the logo'd bottomplate.

Any and all feedback is appreciated!
pauly3dotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-29-2016, 02:04 PM   #2

Sorry, can't help. I have an UC2 9mm, but I use the Kimber mags. When I couldn't find the Kimber mags, I tried to buy the Wilson Combat but couldn't find them either. Finally got some Kimber mags from Kentucky Gun Co. online.
pauly3dotcom likes this.
starnovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 02:10 PM   #3
Super Moderator

I have a dozen magazines from Joes1911magmania for my Ultra CDP II 9mm and many more for my various Kimber .45's and never had a single problem with one of them.
Marshall, JC45, starnovi and 1 others like this.

Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2016, 03:19 PM   #4

I was just on a call with Kimber yesterday. I was told that they are having problems getting 9 mm magazines to market. This has been an ongoing issues for at least a couple of months now.

Since I was having issues getting additional magazines for my Ultra Aegis II 9 mm, I took Chuck43 and others on the forum's advise and have ordered Joes1911magmania magazines. I have been using the magazines and have had no issues. I too recommend going this route as their prices are very competitive and were quick to ship out my ordered magazines.
JC45, starnovi and pauly3dotcom like this.
Old 09-29-2016, 06:21 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Something I've posted in the past for the guys new to Joe's Magazines.

Joe's 1911 Mag Mania | 1911 Magazines At Warehouse Prices

Joe states: All of our magazines are direct from the manufacturer and 100% guaranteed. Your satisfaction is our business.

Each of our magazines comes straight from the manufacturer. Not every magazine manufactured is sold and often times there are surplus stock. Rather than let the materials go to waste, we can offer warehouse pricing to consumers at up to 60% off normal retail price.

I did some digging a while back and discovered that........
Joes1911magmania is located in Deer Park NY, 4.5 miles or 13 minutes from Check-Mate industries in West Babylon NY. I think it may be safe to take a wild ass guess and say that Joe's is selling Check Mate magazines.
starnovi and pauly3dotcom like this.

Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 06:32 PM   #6

Just like Chuck I have about 14 compact and full size "Joes" magazines in 9mm and at least that many in .45 never had a problem with any of them. I use them on the range.
I use Kimpro Tac mags for EDC spares.
Chuck43 and pauly3dotcom like this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 03:57 AM   #7

I also use Joe's 9mm magazines for my Ultra. They work great and the price is right. I can't help you with any other options because I stopped looking after I received Joe's Mags.
Chuck43 and pauly3dotcom like this.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 07:36 AM   #8

Ok I get it. Why look elsewhere if it's NOT broke. I went down to a local gun store and they had some Kimber Compact 9mm mags available. Pricey although I wanted them now! Upon further inspection the followers are a bit different from each other. One has the black follower with same Patent No. as the Kimber and Joe's. The other appears to have a "forked" follower in aluminum/steel. It is weird shaped as part of the follower tip keeps flat and the other side makes a 90 down and out towards the barrel side of the mag. Very weird!

I checked the packaging and the black follower one looks a bit newer. They are very similar in part number except the black follower one has an "A" on the end. Per the Kimber site the part number now ends in a "B". I called Kimber and the guy answering was clueless.
starnovi likes this.
pauly3dotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 11:46 AM   #9

I always use Kimber mags and love them, Cheaper than Dirt had em at $25 each and I bought 10 about a month ago.
starnovi likes this.
I'm a 1911 addict -- GI CCO 9mm, WC Sentinel Compact 9mm, WC ULCC 9mm, WC Professional 38 super, WC Stealth 38 super, WC Bobtail Professional 9mm, DW CCO 38 super, DW CBOB 38 super, Kimber Ultra Aegis 9mm and a little Sig P938
azguy1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 05:58 AM   #10

Kimber Ultra 9MM Mag

I use the Wilson Combat 500-9C8. Fit is nice, so far never had an issue with slide locking or feeding a round. Base plate is steel and removable for cleaning. Base plate sticks just a hair below frame so inserting a mag is easier also. Purchase mine through Midway for $37.
razzle is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page
9mm magazines
kimber 9mm ultra cdp mag problems
kimber ultra 9mm magazine

kimber ultra carry 2 magazine

kimber ultra carry ii 9mm magazine
kimber ultra carry ii problems

limber ultra 9 mm mag

mag problems on a kimber 9mm ultracdp
Click on a term to search for related topics.