Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber 1911 Forum

Like Tree11Likes
  • 10 Post By CWO USN
  • 1 Post By Tankgunner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2016, 05:08 PM   #1

Kudos to Kimber

I started having issues of almost constant FTF with my Ultra Aegis II 9MM. Called Kimber and they gladly sent me a RMA. Packed up the pistol and off it went to Kimber.

Fast forward about three weeks and it's back. Better than ever!!

- barrel reamed and polished.
- extractor and timing adjusted.
- test fired after repair with three mags of Pierce 124GR FMJ (8 RND) and one mag of Remington HTP Luger 147GR JHP (8 RND).

And to add to it, Kimber demed it appropriate that the finish wasn't to par with their standard after my numerous trips out to the range.

So they also refinished the entire pistol!

All under their good graces and gratis.

Now that's what I call standing behind your product as it if you were using it. Not to mention, excellent customer service.

I not only received updates with the work being performed but Kimber Custom Shop called me twice. Once after my pistol got there during their diagnostic and quality control inspection. And again, before they took the necessary steps to not only correct the function but also to bring my pistol back to Bristol standards. It's now a looker! Yes, I will post a photo soon as I take one as threads especially like this one doesn't matter much without crayons.

Kimber only earned my business but they've made a lifelong customer in me.

Thank you Kimber. Keep up the good work!!!!

Last edited by CWO USN; 11-05-2016 at 05:33 PM.
CWO USN is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-05-2016, 11:52 PM   #2

Outstanding, I have heard of this happening with others(great service) I have been fortunate none of mine ever needed a return trip. But it's darn good to know that if one does, it will be taken care of. I have a couple that could use a new finish(not a defect, just hard use), but the darn things just won't break.
CWO USN likes this.
Tankgunner is offline   Reply With Quote