UCII 22 Conversion Kit - Kimber Forum

Kimber


Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber 1911 Forum

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Chuck43
  • 2 Post By CB236
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2016, 03:52 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 150
UCII 22 Conversion Kit

What is the consensus around here regarding the Kimber 22LR conversion kit? Is it a perfect fit for the frame? How about the 10-round mag, is it plastic like the SIG Sauer version?

I've always wanted a Semi-Auto 22LR pistol and the kit that Kimber offers is certainly in the price range of what I'd be spending on a new one. What say you all?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kimber UC II 22 Kit.jpg (35.3 KB, 8 views)
CB236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-12-2016, 06:03 AM   #2
Super Moderator
 
Chuck43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 32,094
I have both the compact conversion kit and the target conversion kit. Yes, the magazines are plastic and the slides do not lock back when the last shot is fired but that's no big deal. The slides are made to the same tight specs that the 9mm and .45's are. It doesn't matter if I'm using the kits on an ultra, pro or custom size gun they all shoot extremely accurately. My young grandchildren get a real kick out of shooting my carry gun with a conversion kit on it.
__________________
I'm suspicious of people who don't like dogs.
But trust a dog when it doesn't like a person.

Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 05:27 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 150
Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
I have both the compact conversion kit and the target conversion kit. Yes, the magazines are plastic and the slides do not lock back when the last shot is fired but that's no big deal. The slides are made to the same tight specs that the 9mm and .45's are. It doesn't matter if I'm using the kits on an ultra, pro or custom size gun they all shoot extremely accurately. My young grandchildren get a real kick out of shooting my carry gun with a conversion kit on it.
Tell me then, is the compact conversion kit caliber specific, or will it fit both the UC II 9 and 45 frames? If the answer is yes, I'm having a great Christmas this year.
CB236 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 11-13-2016, 05:31 AM   #4
Super Moderator
 
Chuck43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 32,094
Originally Posted by CB236 View Post
Tell me then, is the compact conversion kit caliber specific, or will it fit both the UC II 9 and 45 frames? If the answer is yes, I'm having a great Christmas this year.

The compact .22 conversion kit will fit both the 9mm and .45 Ultra (3") and Pro (4") frames, Merry Christmas.
2sharp2, Hoffbrew and JC45 like this.
__________________
I'm suspicious of people who don't like dogs.
But trust a dog when it doesn't like a person.


Last edited by Chuck43; 11-18-2016 at 12:47 PM.
Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 05:08 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 150
The Compact 22 Conversion Kit is in the mail. If anyone else wants one, there is one on GunBroker with a starting bid of $219 + $10 S/H, NIB, No Reserve.
CB236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 06:01 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 150
Originally Posted by CB236 View Post
The Compact 22 Conversion Kit is in the mail. If anyone else wants one, there is one on GunBroker with a starting bid of $219 + $10 S/H, NIB, No Reserve.
Never mind, it sold.
CB236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 09:58 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 150
Range Report - Took the Compact 22 Conversion kit with me to the range yesterday. First round had a FTE but that was the only issue. I shot the conversion on both the UC II 9 and 45 with flawless performance. I'm also extremely impressed with the accuracy. I'm officially a grade A #1 Kimber fan.

Ammo
Winchester 22 LR
Hollow Point Copper Plated
36 gr/1280 fps
Chuck43 and 2sharp2 like this.
__________________
I Reload, Therefore, I Am
CB236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 10:38 AM   #8
Super Moderator
 
Chuck43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 32,094
I knew you like it, the conversion kits are a lot of fun.
__________________
I'm suspicious of people who don't like dogs.
But trust a dog when it doesn't like a person.

Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is the UCII 9mm frame compatible with the 45ACP? CB236 Kimber 1911 Forum 3 11-06-2016 05:40 AM
Breaking in my Conversion Kit. The Tourist The Ammo Can 8 07-08-2016 09:50 AM
Just ordered the .22LR conversion kit. The Tourist Kimber Talk 6 06-03-2016 06:20 PM