Super Carry Range Report - Page 2 - Kimber Forum

Kimber


Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber 1911 Forum

Like Tree10Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2014, 05:36 PM   #11
Super Moderator
 
Chuck43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 32,133
Originally Posted by Dude22 View Post
Keith, do know Lois Lerner?

You cracked me up with that one Denny.

__________________
BOTH POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!
Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-03-2014, 05:43 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Dude22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: South West Florida
Posts: 5,769
Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post

You cracked me up with that one Denny.

Thanks Chuck!
__________________
Denny

KEEP CALM AND RETURN FIRE

NRA Life Member
Dude22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:45 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Mike240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,703
A happy ending. Glad it works fine now.
__________________
Yea. Keep telling yourself that split times donít matter.
Mike240 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 07-03-2014, 09:34 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Lineman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Beautiful Downtown Monroe, GA
Posts: 3,765
Question Just Pulling Your Leg!!

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
I meant the MAGAZINE, not the hard drive.
I pretty much had that figured out, but I could not resist pulling your leg. While I may pull that mag apart and check out the guts, I still think shooting it will be more fun!! After all, I called CMC and they are sending me two 8 round Shooting Star mags. Disassembling the mag with a bullet just seems like the right thing to do!!!

If those two new mags work out, I will be one mag ahead of the game!! Truthfully, I have never messed with mags.confused.gif confused.gif This is the first mag that has ever failed on me!! I went with a visual comparison of the offending mag with my other three and saw no difference that I could detect. doh.gif doh.gif I have no idea of where to start tinkering with the dang thing!! noidea.gif noidea.gif
__________________
The Lineman-Proud Army Dad!!
--Keith



Obama called me a CLINGER! Terrorists call me an INFIDEL!
Hillary calls me DEPLORABLE! Trump calls me an AMERICAN!!


Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor II .45 ACP
Kimber Pro Carry II .45 ACP
NRA Member 45+ Years
Georgia Carry.Org Member
Wounded Warrior Project Supporter

Last edited by Lineman; 07-03-2014 at 09:42 PM.
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:49 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Lineman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Beautiful Downtown Monroe, GA
Posts: 3,765
Question Huh?

Originally Posted by Dude22 View Post
Keith, do know Lois Lerner?
That depends. Is it good or bad to know Lois??

It sounds like a trick question to me!!!
noidea.gif noidea.gif
__________________
The Lineman-Proud Army Dad!!
--Keith



Obama called me a CLINGER! Terrorists call me an INFIDEL!
Hillary calls me DEPLORABLE! Trump calls me an AMERICAN!!


Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor II .45 ACP
Kimber Pro Carry II .45 ACP
NRA Member 45+ Years
Georgia Carry.Org Member
Wounded Warrior Project Supporter
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:06 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Marshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Cardinal Nation
Posts: 19,260
Originally Posted by lineman73 View Post
I pretty much had that figured out, but I could not resist pulling your leg. While I may pull that mag apart and check out the guts, I still think shooting it will be more fun!! After all, I called CMC and they are sending me two 8 round Shooting Star mags. Disassembling the mag with a bullet just seems like the right thing to do!!!

If those two new mags work out, I will be one mag ahead of the game!! Truthfully, I have never messed with mags.Attachment 1718 Attachment 1718 This is the first mag that has ever failed on me!! I went with a visual comparison of the offending mag with my other three and saw no difference that I could detect. Attachment 1719 Attachment 1719 I have no idea of where to start tinkering with the dang thing!! Attachment 1720 Attachment 1720
Start at the end of the barrel of your favorite firearm.....
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 05:45 AM   #17
Super Moderator
 
Chuck43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 32,133
Originally Posted by lineman73 View Post
I have no idea of where to start tinkering with the dang thing!!
It may simply need a good cleaning or a spring replacement. It's very easy to break one down, it only takes seconds. Your best bet would be to check out one of the many videos on youtube that will take you through the process.
__________________
BOTH POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!
Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 06:21 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
PorscheVille's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 1,013
*And now, back to our regularly scheduled thread...*

Chickadee, it's good to hear your Super Carry is running smooth and looking good. It is also good to know Kimber Customer Service delivers when needed.

I'm not sure I could (or would want to) find and piece together all the things you tried, so would you mind summing up what the problem turned out to be? Was it the ramp? Barrel? Extractor? All of those needing a bit of metal taken off?
__________________
Kimber Royal II
Kimber Stainless Pro Carry II
NRA Member
Nigerian Lottery Winner
PorscheVille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 06:32 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Chickadee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,323
Originally Posted by PorscheVille View Post
*And now, back to our regularly scheduled thread...*

Chickadee, it's good to hear your Super Carry is running smooth and looking good. It is also good to know Kimber Customer Service delivers when needed.

I'm not sure I could (or would want to) find and piece together all the things you tried, so would you mind summing up what the problem turned out to be? Was it the ramp? Barrel? Extractor? All of those needing a bit of metal taken off?
Summary:

Problem:
failure to chamber 1st round in a full mag (slide not fully forward, cartridge at slight angle & not fully caught by extractor)

Troubleshooting & Repairs:
Had others shoot the pistol - problem repeatable regardless of shooter
Tried different slide lube - no improvement
Kimber sent me a new recoil spring - no improvement
Kimber sent me a new mag - no improvement
Pistol sent back to Kimber - they reamed & polished the barrel, adjusted the extractor

Not sure if it was the barrel or the extractor, but something they did fixed it! Based on Mike240's assessment I would guess it was the extractor adjustment.
__________________
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 06:44 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
PorscheVille's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 1,013
Originally Posted by Chickadee View Post
Summary:

Problem:
failure to chamber 1st round in a full mag (slide not fully forward, cartridge at slight angle & not fully caught by extractor)

Troubleshooting & Repairs:
Had others shoot the pistol - problem repeatable regardless of shooter
Tried different slide lube - no improvement
Kimber sent me a new recoil spring - no improvement
Kimber sent me a new mag - no improvement
Pistol sent back to Kimber - they reamed & polished the barrel, adjusted the extractor

Not sure if it was the barrel or the extractor, but something they did fixed it! Based on Mike240's assessment I would guess it was the extractor adjustment.
Thanks. Great summary.
__________________
Kimber Royal II
Kimber Stainless Pro Carry II
NRA Member
Nigerian Lottery Winner
PorscheVille is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
range report, repair, super carry

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SCP HD Range Report Chickadee Kimber 1911 Forum 65 01-08-2015 10:13 PM
Range Report: Super Carry Ultra HD Insta-Gator Kimber 1911 Forum 35 06-03-2014 09:47 AM
Range report - new super Carry Pro HD Chickadee Kimber 1911 Forum 16 05-07-2014 05:27 PM
Pro Carry II Range report v35b Kimber 1911 Forum 9 04-23-2014 06:42 AM
Range report Insta-Gator Off-Topic Discussion Forum 9 03-01-2014 06:20 AM