CPD dropping Mags - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber 1911 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2014, 05:44 PM   #1

CPD dropping Mags

Started dropping all mags with each shot today came home ad took the mag release out to find it broken into. Wonder if Kimber will send me a new one as I will not return this gun to them, or if would be better to just my a good one from someone else
“Denial kills you twice. It kills you once, at your moment of truth when you are not physically prepared: You didn’t bring your gun; you didn’t train. Your only defense was wishful thinking. Hope is not a strategy. Denial kills you a second time because even if you do physically survive, you are psychologically shattered by fear, helplessness, horror and shame at your moment of truth.”

NRA certified pistol Instructor.
v35b is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-02-2014, 05:48 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Sorry to hear you've got a problem. Call Kimber and see what they say!

Ohio Chl holder
NRA member
Old age isn't for sissy's
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 05:56 PM   #3

Wink By All Means Call.....

Heck yes, give Kimber a call. I'm sure that they will be happy to send you a new mag release. I see no reason to send the gun back, it you let them know that you are capable of replacing the defective item yourself.

Even if you have to send the pistol to Yonkers, the cost will be the same: ZERO!!! Keep us up to date with what happens!!

All the best, be safe!!

Obama called me a CLINGER! Terrorists call me an INFIDEL!
Hillary calls me DEPLORABLE! Trump calls me an AMERICAN!!

Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor II .45 ACP
Kimber Pro Carry II .45 ACP
NRA Member 45+ Years
Georgia Carry.Org Member
Wounded Warrior Project Supporter
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-02-2014, 05:59 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Jeff and Keith are right, call Kimber and talk to a service rep. there's no reason why they shouldn't send you a new one.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:53 PM   #5

I plan on calling Kimber tomorrow but I am giving thought to a Wilson Combat stainless that wont ever break.
“Denial kills you twice. It kills you once, at your moment of truth when you are not physically prepared: You didn’t bring your gun; you didn’t train. Your only defense was wishful thinking. Hope is not a strategy. Denial kills you a second time because even if you do physically survive, you are psychologically shattered by fear, helplessness, horror and shame at your moment of truth.”

Old 09-03-2014, 03:25 PM   #6

Talked to Kimber today , they said they would ship me a new mag release but they are out and will not have any for about a week. I have ordered a billet stainless steel one from HGW just to be safe I don't like the though of this happening again, it would have been real bad if my life had been on the line instead of a piece of paper.

Old 09-08-2014, 05:21 PM   #7

received and installed my HGW mag release and what a difference and how hard it locks the mag in.

Old 09-08-2014, 05:46 PM   #8
Super Moderator

Great news, I'm glad to hear you're up and running again.

I have to wonder how a gun manufacture doesn't have parts for guns. I mean is their factory now shut down and not producing 1911's because they're out of mag releases?

I ran into the same problem a couple of months back with Sig Sauer. I needed a new firing pin for a gun that was under warranty and the CSR said they were out, I said really so your not making any P238's until you get the firing pins back in stock. I got the "hold please", he comes back on the phone and said they're making one up for me in the custom shop, I had it by the end of the week.