Getting Hooked on Kimber 1911's - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber 1911 Forum

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2017, 03:31 AM   #1

Getting Hooked on Kimber 1911's

Greetings Everyone...

I am really starting to get "Hooked" on 1911 Kimber. As you may know from my 1st thread on this forum, I just picked up a Custom ii.

Love the trigger, no creep just a nice crisp let off. Possible Barrel issue is probably a non issue. Patches are coming out partially blue after using Hoppes 9. Going to try Shooters Choice, I know it is a potent solvent.

Thinking of a Tactical Custom II to add to my collection. Need to save some money and possibly sell my Beretta 92.

Attached is 1st target shot with my Custom II. Range 12 yards, 100 rounds fired. I was satisfied although more practice will help especially at 25 yards.

Best

Bob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0716.JPG (1.48 MB, 12 views)
Bobs Kimbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-03-2017, 04:45 AM   #2

That's some good shooting, Bob. My targets look like that ..... at 7 yards.

I don't even try to shoot at 25 yards.

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 04:49 AM   #3

Nice shooting Bob, you better hurry on that Tactical Custom because they aren't on the 2017 Kimber list.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2017, 06:52 AM   #4
Super Moderator

Nice shooting Bob, the Tactical line was Kimbers most featured loaded gun for the buck. I carry an Ultra Tactical everyday and love it but as JC already mentioned Kimber dropped the line for 2017 so if your serious and really want one don't wait too long to start shopping.
Old 02-03-2017, 06:58 AM   #5

Nicely done Bob. As mentioned, if you want that Tactical, and who doesn't, you better get one soon. The alternate in the 2017, and not a bad choice by any means is the TLE. I have a Pro size of both and each has its place. The Tactical is in my carry rotation and the TLE PRO w/rail in the night-time-gotta-clear-the-house gun with a 600 Lumen light :-)

Watch out for the slippery slope.
Jflytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 07:25 AM   #6

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
Nice shooting Bob, the Tactical line was Kimbers most featured loaded gun for the buck. I carry an Ultra Tactical everyday and love it but as JC already mentioned Kimber dropped the line for 2017 so if your serious and really want one don't wait too long to start shopping.
Originally Posted by Jflytle View Post
Nicely done Bob. As mentioned, if you want that Tactical, and who doesn't, you better get one soon. The alternate in the 2017, and not a bad choice by any means is the TLE. I have a Pro size of both and each has its place. The Tactical is in my carry rotation and the TLE PRO w/rail in the night-time-gotta-clear-the-house gun with a 600 Lumen light :-)

Watch out for the slippery slope.
Are you two boys sitting next to each other in the classroom copying off each other's homework...???...

That's some fine shooting Bob looks like you got that gun sighted in great...
Jflytle likes this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 09:59 AM   #7

Thanks Everyone!

I really enjoy shooting it, it is a challenge that I enjoy.

As far as it being discontinued, it will probably be available in California for some time.

In California we have the Handgun rooster. Sadly we aren't allowed to buy new models here, so what lot of companies do, they continue to make older models for California as long as they continue to see.

On Kimber Web site, you will find California Compliant Guns. I do plan on moving to a free state when I am able to retire!!!!

Best

Bob
Old 02-03-2017, 02:15 PM   #8

Originally Posted by Bobs Kimbers View Post
Greetings Everyone...

I am really starting to get "Hooked" on 1911 Kimber. As you may know from my 1st thread on this forum, I just picked up a Custom ii.

Love the trigger, no creep just a nice crisp let off. Possible Barrel issue is probably a non issue. Patches are coming out partially blue after using Hoppes 9. Going to try Shooters Choice, I know it is a potent solvent.

Thinking of a Tactical Custom II to add to my collection. Need to save some money and possibly sell my Beretta 92.

Attached is 1st target shot with my Custom II. Range 12 yards, 100 rounds fired. I was satisfied although more practice will help especially at 25 yards.

Best

Bob
Is that a 9? holes look small. Getting hooked on 1911s is easy to do, incredible platform!!
Old 02-03-2017, 04:52 PM   #9

The holes do look small. Was firing 45 ACP 230 Ball Ammo.
Old 02-03-2017, 05:05 PM   #10

It's pretty easy to be seduced by the Kimbers.
Jflytle and Hawker800 like this.
Gmountain is offline   Reply With Quote