IWB holster for Ultra Carry II - Kimber Forum

Kimber


Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber 1911 Forum

Like Tree3Likes
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2014, 05:46 PM  
Member
 
RetiredFCC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 30
IWB holster for Ultra Carry II

Ok guys, I'm in a bit of a quandary....

I used the search function to find information about an IWB holster for my Ultra Carry II but as with every other forum I found it to be pretty much useless!

Anyway, I'm looking for a good IWB holster that rides low, has adjustable cant and won't mess up the finish on my gun (it's blued). Retention is a plus but not a deal breaker. I have a Crossbreed Mini Tuck for my current EDC gun (XDs .45) but I'm afraid the Kydex will scratch the finish. I also have a High Noon "Down Under" that would werk in a pinch but rides too high so it's not ideal for me. Any suggestions on where to look and what you all use?
RetiredFCC is offline  
Old 10-06-2014, 05:59 PM  
Junior Member
 
SChief454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 12
From one retired Chief to another...check out TT Gunleather. I have a drawer full of holsters but now I only use his.
TT GunLeather High Quality Leather Gun Holsters TT GunLeather High Quality Leather Gun Holsters, belts and accessories
shin0bi1 likes this.
SChief454 is offline  
Old 10-06-2014, 06:15 PM  
Member
 
RetiredFCC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 30
Originally Posted by SChief454 View Post
From one retired Chief to another...check out TT Gunleather. I have a drawer full of holsters but now I only use his.
TT GunLeather High Quality Leather Gun Holsters TT GunLeather High Quality Leather Gun Holsters, belts and accessories

Thanks Senior(?)! I'll check them out!
RetiredFCC is offline  
 
Old 10-06-2014, 06:20 PM  
Senior Member
 
Marshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Cardinal Nation
Posts: 19,290
One of our members here on the forum does some quality work...
Wolf1956 is his username and here is his links...

Home His website..

https://www.facebook.com/kggunholsters
shin0bi1 likes this.

Last edited by Marshall; 10-06-2014 at 06:32 PM.
Marshall is offline  
Old 10-06-2014, 06:22 PM  
Junior Member
 
SChief454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 12
STSCS(SS)....22 years on submarines.

Tim makes the best holsters IMO. There are lots of makers out there and I found you have to find one that makes holsters to fit your needs and work with them. Tim has a good selection.
SChief454 is offline  
Old 10-06-2014, 06:29 PM  
Senior Member
 
Nellybelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,545
Look at this one. I use it for my SCUP... Even sometimes my Solo.

http://www.desantisholster.com/SOF-TUCK
Nellybelle is offline  
Old 10-06-2014, 08:05 PM  
Member
 
RetiredFCC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 30
Originally Posted by SChief454 View Post
STSCS(SS)....22 years on submarines.

Tim makes the best holsters IMO. There are lots of makers out there and I found you have to find one that makes holsters to fit your needs and work with them. Tim has a good selection.

They look really nice! I don't need anything fancy so I'll have to contact him about something without the "exotic" hide on it!

22 years on subs....not for me! I did 20 on tin cans and bird farms!
RetiredFCC is offline  
Old 10-06-2014, 08:07 PM  
Junior Member
 
SChief454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 12
You can order them plain or fancy. The IWB he made for me is plain brown. Who's going to see it anyway.
shin0bi1 likes this.
SChief454 is offline  
Old 10-06-2014, 08:29 PM  
Member
 
RetiredFCC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 30
Originally Posted by SChief454 View Post
You can order them plain or fancy. The IWB he made for me is plain brown. Who's going to see it anyway.

Exactly! I'm mostly looking for low and comfortable!
RetiredFCC is offline  
Old 10-07-2014, 12:21 PM  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 199
Originally Posted by RetiredFCC View Post
Ok guys, I'm in a bit of a quandary....

I used the search function to find information about an IWB holster for my Ultra Carry II but as with every other forum I found it to be pretty much useless!

Anyway, I'm looking for a good IWB holster that rides low, has adjustable cant and won't mess up the finish on my gun (it's blued). Retention is a plus but not a deal breaker. I have a Crossbreed Mini Tuck for my current EDC gun (XDs .45) but I'm afraid the Kydex will scratch the finish. I also have a High Noon "Down Under" that would werk in a pinch but rides too high so it's not ideal for me. Any suggestions on where to look and what you all use?

As SChiecf454 stated, I vouch for TT Gunleather as well. Check out my pics for some basic, non fancy holster setup for my Kimber Ultra Tac2.

https://www.kimbertalk.com/forums/kim...rry-setup.html

-Shin0bi1
shin0bi1 is offline  
 

Search tags for this page
best iwb for kimber ultra carry ii
,
best iwb holster for kimber ultra carry ii
,

best iwb holster kimber ultra carry 2

,
don hume holster for kimber ultra carry ii
,
iwb kimber ultra 1911
,
kimber ultra carry ii iwb holster black
,

kimber ultra carry ii iwb paddle holster

,

ultra carry holsters forum

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Differences between Eclipse Ultra & Super Carry Ultra HD Adk.IBO Kimber 1911 Forum 23 10-22-2014 10:01 PM
Best holster options for Pro Carry II NascarGuy Kimber 1911 Forum 38 02-20-2014 08:38 AM
Brigade Holster for Ultra CDP II FLSTF Kimber Talk 15 01-25-2014 09:35 PM
Holster fo my Kimber Crimson Ultra Carry II ColJack Kimber 1911 Forum 3 01-07-2014 06:00 PM
ultra cdp holster Gary New Member Introduction 0 06-19-2013 10:38 AM