Kimber Talk Forums banner

Questions about Super Carry Pro

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  davidj 
#1 · (Edited)
Greeting all!

Being new to the forum I'll say Hello.

Just bought a New Kimber Super Carry Pro HD.

So far shots fired 350 rounds.
Shooting Federal American Eagle 230 FMJ so far.

Problem or Question:
I am a forcing myself to be a right handed shooter.
I am Left Eye dominate.
Every few rounds the ejected or spent round casing flies back and smacks me square in the forehead.

Purchased the gun at H&H gun range here in Oklahoma City.
Had their gunsmith take a look at it.
Nothing was found abnormal.

He broke it down and examined it.
Then loaded it with snap caps and ejected all in a 3 o'clock trajectory.

Not a show stopper but kind of a pain having casing smack me in the forehead!

Ideas?
Comments!

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the site from Tennessee! May be an extractor needing adjustment, I'm just guessing. I will defer to my more experienced fellow members.

#3 ·
Howdy!
And thanks for the response!
The gunsmith at H&H said everything was fine?

#4 ·
First, welcome to the forum from Ohio. Several things could be happening. It could be an extractor issue. Is this your first 1911? If so it could be a grip issue on your part, find an experienced 1911 shooter and see if they have the same problem. How many rounds do you have through the gun? If less then 500, shoot it some more and see what happens. If all else fails and you continue to have problems, call Kimber customer service. They'll make it right since they are the best in the business. Good luck and keep us posted as to what's happening.

#5 ·
Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois DGM1962. You mentioned that you are right handed and left eye dominant and are forcing yourself to learn to shoot right handed. I have the same problem, I learned years ago to adjust for it. I don't think there's anything wrong with your gun but to be sure I'd ask someone else to run a couple of magazines through it and see if they are also hit by ejected shells. If that proves to be the case then contact Kimbers customer service but I think the problem my be that when shooting you're subconsciously moving the gun to your stronger left eye and that's when the ejected shell is hitting you. It's an aggravating problem but you can learn to overcome it, I did it years ago by dry firing a handgun every night. I started out wearing an old pair of sunglasses that I knocked the right hand lens out of and painted the left one over so I couldn't see through it. You might try doing a search on YouTube, they have a lot of instructional videos dealing with shooting problems.

#7 ·
Left Eye.
Right Hand.

#9 · (Edited)
Check This Video

View the following video. I was being beaned in the head with brass ejecting from my Pro Carry II and I used this to correct the issue. It isn't hard to check and the adjustment is simple if it needs to be done.

Take a looky see: :cool::cool::cool:

BTW, welcome to the forum from Monroe, Georgia!!!!
Font Automotive exterior Pattern Logo Signage

Font Display device Gas Magenta Midnight

Reactions: 2sharp2
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.