Ultra Carry II love it but not the sights!! - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber 1911 Forum

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2014, 06:21 AM   #1

Ultra Carry II love it but not the sights!!

I just bought a Ultra Carry II in stainless and although I shoot it very well I do not like the all black sights at all. Aside from "night" sights what sights has anyone tried and how do you like or hate them? I have heard some good things about the Tru-glo sights but haven't done much investigating beyond that. Thanks!!
hazer67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-23-2014, 06:30 AM   #2
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois hazer67 and congratulations on the new Stainless Ultra Carry II. Tru-Glo sights work very well I have them on a couple of my range guns but prefer tritium night sights on my carry guns.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:38 AM   #3

I have tru glo tfo's on my pro carry II. Very quick target acquisition and very bright at night. Found a good price on ebay. The front sight is a bear to install so have your lgs do it.

Last edited by bimmerland; 10-23-2014 at 09:43 AM.
bimmerland is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2014, 02:10 PM   #4

I have the same sights on my UCII as you. I am 58 and can't see the front sight when aimed at the black circle in the target. I used to dabble in art and painting and have some Titanium White Acrylic paint and some brushes so I painted a tiny thin white line across the tops of my front and rear sights and that helped immensely. One of these days I'll get some Meprolight Night Sights for it and then I think the firearm will be perfect. The Titanium White is a bright white and really stands out on the black sight.
Kyluckyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 04:33 PM   #5

I also painted mine. I have used this method before and it works very well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0147 (361x640).jpg (122.8 KB, 28 views)

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never has been and never will be. T Jefferson
pbsdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 06:41 PM   #6
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by hazer67 View Post
I just bought a Ultra Carry II in stainless and although I shoot it very well I do not like the all black sights at all. Aside from "night" sights what sights has anyone tried and how do you like or hate them? I have heard some good things about the Tru-glo sights but haven't done much investigating beyond that. Thanks!!
Welcome to the forum from Ohio. I'm not a fan of all black sights either. I do like fiber optic sights on range guns, and night sights on my carry gun. As was mentioned, painting them works as well. Let us know what you decide.

Ohio Chl holder
NRA member
Old age isn't for sissy's
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:43 PM   #7

Welcome to the site from Tennessee! I can't see the all black sights either.
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 06:06 AM   #8

I always get baffled about things like this. You spend allot of $$ on a pistol and they put cheap junk all black sights on it. I honestly can't believe that anyone would like these at all, escpecially on a gun called "carry". I own a $650 SIG and it came from the factory with night sights already installed.
hazer67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 06:16 AM   #9

Black sights suck on black targets in a dark indoor range (most are dark, but you can get light targets) Put a bit of white or Krylon Glow orange on the front sight. That is what is important in a combat situation anyway. I prefer white or bright orange to tritium or any other "glow in the dark" sight. They are bright enough in any situation except complete darkness, which is not a situaton where I would be firing off my gun since I cannot see behind the target. Remember you are responsible for everything that bullet hits beyond the bad guy.

I usually put on a light coat of Testors whiite paint on the front sight, let it dry over night and then keep it that way or put on an additional coat of the Kyrlon glow orange (SCB-022) if I want. You can always remove it with paint thinner and try another color

I wish my Ultra Carry 2 came with the Kimber whiite 3 dot system and I may shell out the $50 bucks + installallation for them but no way am I going to pay the extra $130 plus install for glow in the dark sights. I just don't see the need. If all I can see are the sights, I ain't shooting.

Kyluckyman likes this.

Last edited by twistedlim; 10-24-2014 at 06:40 AM.
twistedlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 07:17 AM   #10

Ultra Carry II love it but not the sights!!

Old eyes and black sights or any sights same color as top of slide suck in general. Had combat sights on my Colt and ripped them off for Trijicons. But when all else fails, this stuff is better than just model paint. Couple companies have them and in different colors.

Amazon Amazon

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - Sumner Gun - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II

Last edited by bhunted; 10-24-2014 at 07:20 AM.
bhunted is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page

kimber ultra carry 2 sights

sights for kimber ultra carry

ultra carry 2 sights

Click on a term to search for related topics.