Considering a 9mm 1911? - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber 1911 Forum

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2014, 11:21 AM   #1

Considering a 9mm 1911?

I have a few thousand rounds of 9mm sitting around and find myself shooting my Walther PPQ very seldom. Maybe it is just because the Kimber is new but I enjoy it more and will be by choice of carry when my CPL eventually comes through. I am considering moving the PPQ and picking up a 9mm Kimber. My current is a Ultra Carry 2 3' barrel. While it would be nice to have the same lenght barrel I am not considering it necessary. I am looking for a reliable model probably in the 4 inch range. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I saw a youtube vid where I guy pretty much had to do some major parts replacements to make his 9 reliable. Not interested in this at all.

Thanks,

Rich
twistedlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-27-2014, 11:49 AM   #2
Super Moderator

If the guy on YouTube was having so much trouble with his gun why didn't he send it back to Kimber for service? I think it's kind of stupid to be paying to replace parts in a gun that's under factory warranty. Kimber has one of the best service departments in the industry, they have a habit of going way beyond just fixing it.

I have an Ultra CDP II in 9mm and have just over 1000 trouble free rounds through it.

To the best of my knowledge Kimber only makes 5 pro model guns in 9mm.
Pro Carry II
Pro Aegis II
Stainless Pro Carry II
Tactical Pro II
Sapphire Pro
twistedlim likes this.

Last edited by Chuck43; 10-27-2014 at 05:54 PM.
Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 12:00 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply Chuck. They had an Ultra CDP II and 3" ultra carry in stock as well as a 4" Pro carry if I remember correct. Decisions, decisions...I woiuld like to get my hands on the Pro Aegis if I had a chance but they were out of stock.
twistedlim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-27-2014, 03:13 PM   #4

I have a pro carry II listed in the classifieds right now that has been 100% since new I can make you a deal on it.
“Denial kills you twice. It kills you once, at your moment of truth when you are not physically prepared: You didn’t bring your gun; you didn’t train. Your only defense was wishful thinking. Hope is not a strategy. Denial kills you a second time because even if you do physically survive, you are psychologically shattered by fear, helplessness, horror and shame at your moment of truth.”

NRA certified pistol Instructor.
v35b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 03:27 PM   #5

I have the Tactical Pro II. When I got it, I "retired" my FS M&P9 and am selling it to a friend.

Last edited by bluzman; 10-27-2014 at 03:31 PM.
bluzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 03:44 PM   #6

If you are not completely dedicated to the 1911, seriously consider it's younger sister. The Browning Hi Power/P35 is a nine mm that, for all intents, is just the natural progression of the 1911. I have had several and while I trade one for the other, now and again, I never let my first one get too far out of sight. I would not like to be forced to choose between the Browning and my Ultra.

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never has been and never will be. T Jefferson
pbsdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 04:33 PM   #7

I have owned an Aegis 4 inch and loved it, kick my self for going to 45. I seen a 5 Inch Aegis at my LGS this past weekend. Awful nice guns. I have a couple of nine's right now and have been looking for another 1911 nine. Found an STI and a SS Kimber Pro, but only found the 5 inch Aegis and want the 4.
Rangemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 05:45 PM   #8

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
If the guy on YouTube was having so much trouble with his gun why didn't he send it back to Kimber for service? I think it's kind of stupid to be paying to replace parts in a gun that's under factory warranty. Kimber has one of the best service departments in the industry, they have a habit of going way beyond just fixing it.

I have an Ultra CDP II in 9mm and have just over 1000 trouble free rounds through it.

To the best of my knowledge Kimber only makes 4 pro model guns in 9mm.
Pro Carry II
Pro Aegis II
Stainless Pro Carry II
Tactical Pro II
Don't forget the Sapphire Pro (Summer Collection)
Sapphire Ultra
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 05:56 PM   #9
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 2sharp2 View Post
Don't forget the Sapphire Pro (Summer Collection)
Sapphire Ultra
Oops, I'm sorry, I did forget it but never fear, I fixed it.
Old 10-29-2014, 03:43 PM   #10

Hard to tie let alone beat the Ultra Aegis II! Dennis