Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber 1911 Forum

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By twistedlim
  • 1 Post By Ultraman
  • 3 Post By Insta-Gator

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2014, 07:39 AM   #1

Trigger Pull getting Lighter?

I have a new Aegis II and ultra carry II in the stable right now. The UC was purchased used and teh Aegis was new. When I got the Aegis the pull was right around 4lbs 7 oz. The trigger on the UC is right about 4 lbs 11-13 oz on my lyman scale. In shooting them lately I noticed that the trigger pull was seeming heavier on the UC than before. Pulled out the scale and the UC is the same but now the Aegis is about 3 lbs 13-14 oz. Is it normal for a trigger to settle down this much? I am thinking I will probably have something done to one or both since I would like the pull consistant between the 2. My first choice would be to have the UC worked on since I would like to also get rid of the creep but I am hesitant thinking that the Aegis trigger is getting in the unsafe to carry range, especially if it gets any ligher. The Aegis is really nice and crisp. Any ideas?

Thanks!
twistedlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-13-2014, 09:18 AM   #2

I would check it again. But...personally a trigger in the high 3's in not unsafe IMO. It's all about personal preference.
Ultraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:22 AM   #3

My last 3 SA Ruger revolvers each have a 3 1/4 lb TP and I wouldn't want it any other way..
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2014, 09:34 AM   #4

Thanks for the responses. I feel pretty confortable with it as (providing the trigger does not get too much ligher lighter) That is the mystery to me. I did check it again, as well as the UC and my Walther PPQ (a bit harder to check with the trigger saftey). They both came in as before. JMS I too like my revolvers to have a lighter trigger. Particulary the SA Freedom Ams 83 which is about 3 even.
I have done some trigger work on Smiths, Ruger revolvers, Glocks etc so I am confortable with my trigger scale and how to use it properly to get repeatable results.
I have never done any work on a 1911 so I am not quite sure how the springs, and surfaces relate to each other.
Marshall likes this.
twistedlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 10:11 AM   #5

Originally Posted by jms-stlou View Post
My last 3 SA Ruger revolvers each have a 3 1/4 lb TP and I wouldn't want it any other way..
I would call that "perfect". Some smiths/custom shops refuse to go any lighter than 3.5#. I say to hell with them and find another.
Marshall likes this.
Ultraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 11:52 AM   #6

My S&W revolver (DA/SA) is 2-1/2# on SA. Love it. Too light for a semi-auto, IMO.
Chuck43, Marshall and Ultraman like this.

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote