2 week Black Friday Sale... Thoughts? - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber 1911 Forum

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2014, 09:17 AM   #1

2 week Cerakote Black Friday Sale... Thoughts?

I am thinking of offering a 2 week sale for forum members on a Kimber Slide refinish. Would do $65 bucks on a full slide refinish... That includes take down and reassembly as well as shipping back to the owner. I did this a few years ago to replenish low material. So it's basically a break even for me since tge material runs $65 bucks per pint... Granted that pint will last several jobs

On a slide, I typically charge $110 shipped back so, it's like 40% off my regular price.

If I were to offer it, woukd anyone here be interested in doing it? Trying to gauge interest at this point!

Last edited by cundiff5535; 11-22-2014 at 09:40 AM.
cundiff5535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-22-2014, 09:26 AM   #2

My wife and I are not your average consumers. She used to bargain hunt the sales with her sister, more for entertainment than for "retail therapy." She even quit doing that a few years now.

I think when you do something to death it quits being special. So it is with Christmas shopping. We had Santa Claus decorations out in the local mall before Halloween, and as a boy I remember merchants waiting until after Thanksgiving.

Frankly, I think the stores slit their own throats.

How do you factor that attitude into your sales? Have you gotten feedback from previous clients?
The Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 09:33 AM   #3

The fact I have only done this once ever, and literally never change prices makes it special! Two years ago I had a spike in sales! I did it for a group on Facebook I was super active in... The only place I would offer this is here on KimberTalk. Just looking for thoughts from you guys... I wouldn't iffer a Christmas deal as I want to be slow that during those few weeks... With small children, I enjoy being home and with family as much as possible.

Old 11-22-2014, 09:56 AM   #4

If you've got a positive past record, and a good plan (along with a back-up plan--I sell, too) then I think you're on good footing. Keep your expectations modest.

It appears that people are still being careful with their dollars, in fact, I just read a thread here where a member advised another to shop after the holidays.

Do you have a plan for that period, as well? Lots of guys get Christmas money or bonuses, and they shop at that time.
Old 11-22-2014, 10:01 AM   #5

Yep... Business as usual. The fact that the 6 shops I do work for Keep me consistently busy I really do not need to run a sale at all... Ever It was my thought to do something as a nice gesture for this forum, that's all.
Marshall likes this.
Old 11-22-2014, 10:04 AM   #6

Personally I think it's a great offer. Perhaps two years from now, if you do it again, my guns will be in need of refinishing.
cundiff5535 likes this.

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 10:05 AM   #7

Originally Posted by cundiff5535 View Post
It was my thought to do something as a nice gesture for this forum, that's all.
It would be a great gesture. I have local clients that supported me during those early lean years, and I do volume buys from Blue Ridge Knives when hot selling items are difficult to get elsewhere.

As I get older the pro bono side of my business makes me the happiest. I gave away a knife yesterday to a woman who couldn't afford one for her dad. Had me feeling good all day.

Very kind idea, guy. I wish you luck with your idea.
cundiff5535 likes this.
Old 11-22-2014, 11:42 AM   #8
Super Moderator

I love the idea of it but don't have any guns that need work, maybe I'm just too careful with them. I do have a Super Carry Pro that I want to redo and fit with a special pair of grips I had made for it but that is going to require more thought and maybe some ideas and input from you.
Old 11-22-2014, 11:53 AM   #9

This thread almost got me in trouble. Got me thinking about a project gun. Found a Super Carry Custom HD on GB for $980. It looks like it's in good condition, but the seller is a new seller. I'd probably drive the 162 miles to go see it in person. Anyway, was thinking about getting a full size or pro SC HD and having Bob do his magic to make it look more like a Warrior SOC with some matching grips. I think that would be a sweet .45.
Chuck43, cundiff5535 and Marshall like this.

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 11:58 AM   #10

Gator... Do it

Search tags for this page

kimber for sale black friday

Click on a term to search for related topics.