Favorite Holster for Eclipse Ultra II - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber 1911 Forum

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2017, 08:58 AM   #1

Favorite Holster for Eclipse Ultra II

Kimber newb here. I've only had my CCW license for about a year. I started with a S&W Bodyguard, and recently purchased my first Kimber (Eclipse Ultra II).

I had been comfortably carrying my .380 in a pocket holster, and have been looking for options for my Kimber (too big for pocket holster, and my pocket). I haven't been a fan of IWB, but am interested in shoulder holster (that can be worn under a sport coat), and OWB hip holster options.

I've been to our local gun shops (including big box), and while the options are dizzying, I really couldn't find something that I liked. I was hoping to leverage the collective wisdom of those on this forum that has found options they like for their Eclipse Ultra II's.

What have you other EUII's found to work well for you?
Adrenaline Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-10-2017, 09:24 AM   #2

Welcome to the site from Tennessee.
Everyone's answer will be different. For about three years I've been using the standard Kimber OWB holster for 3" Ultra size. All my Ultra's will fit and function in it. EDC is CDP or RCP Ultra. It is made by Galco reasonable price and was in stock. Some members are using Wright Leather which is a fine holster.
Several makers of shoulder rigs, I would buy leather.

Gold Combat LE
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
CDP Ultra
Raptor Ultra Stainless
RCP Ultra
SIS Custom
SIS Pro
SIS Ultra
TLE Pro (TFS)
Stainless Raptor
Custom Two Tone .45/460 Rowland
Super Carry Ultra Plus
84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 11:00 AM   #3

Weclome to the forum from southern CA. I like your name just to much typing so I will dub the AJ. I have a UC II also. The Eclipse is a pretty gun with that finish it has! I am looking for a holster myself. Maybe both of us can learn a little something. In my case I am thinking about a cross draw style. Has anyone used the the one Kimber has?

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm

Last edited by swca; 05-10-2017 at 11:04 AM.
swca is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-10-2017, 12:00 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois Adrenaline Junkie. The problem I see with a shoulder holster is unless you keep your jacket buttoned up your gun is going to be seen. To keep from printing the jacket should probably be tailored to allow more room for the gun. I've tried carrying IWB and while it works I found an OWB holster to be much more comfortable. I have 3" and 4" OWB holsters made by Wright Leather Works that I'd highly recommend you look at if you're interested in quality hand built work.

How about stopping by our "New Member Introduction" sub forum and introducing yourself to the membership?

Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 12:16 PM   #5

Favorite Holster for Eclipse Ultra II

Ditto on Chucks post, WLW makes some great holsters. I use a Galco Avenger at 3:00 to 4:00 also have the Galco Jackass Rig for shoulder carry under a coat. Both are top quality and can be found in most gun shops that sell leather holsters. If you did want to consider IWB I highly recommend the Galco Royal Guard with Shield. I have one and it's my favorite IWB holster. It's also made of Horse Hide and will last a lifetime. Main thing is don't skimp on the holster get a good quality made leather rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chuck43 likes this.
Albert.Cairns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 12:49 PM   #6

I've been using mitch Rosen pancake holster, very comfortable from 2 o'clock to 4 o'clock position.
427malibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 11:06 AM   #7

Just Ordered WLW Predator Pancake

Thanks for suggestions. I just ordered this in black. Unfortunately, I have to wait 8-10 weeks for its arrival.

Thanks again!
2sharp2 and JC45 like this.
Adrenaline Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 11:30 AM   #8

Originally Posted by Adrenaline Junkie View Post
Thanks for suggestions. I just ordered this in black. Unfortunately, I have to wait 8-10 weeks for its arrival.

Thanks again!
AJ we have similar tastes I ordered the cross draw regulator yesterday in mahogany from Wright!]

[ATTACH]52074[/ATTACH
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WLW_Regulator_style_2048x2048.jpg (84.9 KB, 7 views)
JC45 and Adrenaline Junkie like this.

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm

Last edited by swca; 05-11-2017 at 01:09 PM.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:42 PM   #9

I really like that Wright holster. I know I'm eventually going to buy one but I just don't know which gun I want it for. Did any of you pay extra for the Master Collection Upgrade and if so was it worth it.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 04:56 PM   #10

Originally Posted by JC45 View Post
I really like that Wright holster. I know I'm eventually going to buy one but I just don't know which gun I want it for. Did any of you pay extra for the Master Collection Upgrade and if so was it worth it.
I did not go for the master upgrade. I will tell you my reason for the cross draw because of the amount of time I spend in my office chair and my wheel chair. From what I have read it will be more comfortable to wear and easier to draw from the cross draw position when sitting in a chair. Knowing myself the way I do. If I like this holster from "Wright Leather works" as much as the others on this forum I will probably get one for the strong side eventually and have the fru fru added! I will be able to dress up for BBQ's when I get to Utah!

A little update on my medical I am walking with my walker more everyday now and will be able to walk without it in another month or two. Also I will be getting a slightly modified prosthetic from the one I have now which will help facilitate the walking without a walker. I have not felt this good in over three years.
JC45 and shockfinder like this.

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm

Search tags for this page
best holster for kimber eclipse ultra 2
best isw holster for kimber eclipse ultra
best iwb for kimber ultra eclipse
conceal carry holster kimber eclipse ultra
holster for kimber eclipse ultra ii
kimber eclipse ultra for concealbcarry
kimber eclipse ultra holster

kimber ultra ii 45 acp holster

Click on a term to search for related topics.