Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber 1911 Forum

Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By EKG
  • 1 Post By JC45

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2017, 10:30 PM   #1
EKG

Second 1911 – Kimber Stainless Ultra Carry II

About 2 months ago I bought a Stainless Pro TLE/RL and after having such a great experience with the purchase and how well it performed I found myself fighting the urge to get an Ultra. I had been searching for a steal of a deal on a Stainless Ultra TLE with the night sights and front checkering. However, I found a good enough deal on a 2016 Stainless Ultra Carry II that I succumbed to the addiction. When I picked it up at my local FFL the case did have a “2016” sticker on it but it ended up being a 2017 model with the fiber optic front sight, so that was a nice surprise. While I was waiting on the delivery, I went ahead and ordered an Ultra Tool and a few KimPro Tac-Mags.

I also “won” a set of new CTC Master Series Rosewood laser grips for $153.03 shipped the day after buying the piston. As the picture below shows, they’re a couple shades lighter than the factory grips and have a bit of orange in them. I tried to capture that in the picture below with the Stainless Pro TLE/RL with the Cocobolo grips in comparison, but the iPhone isn’t the best of cameras. They don’t look near as “rosey” in person as the pictures indicate.

I was a bit torn on whether to get them or a Cocobolo set so the Pro and the Ultra would have a similar look. However, since I was able to get these grips at such a great price I was able to keep total cost for the Ultra and the CTC grips at $808.03 shipped and transferred. That seemed like a pretty good deal to me since the two-toned Ultra Crimson Carry II retails for $1180 and I’d consider the Stainless slide, fiber optic front sight, and the Master Series grips all a bit of an upgrade over it – opinions may vary.

Anyway, here it is “in the box” after stripping it down, lubing it up, and installing the laser grips. Now all I have to do is take this baby on a test drive in the country!! Hopefully the grips on the Ultra will be as good as the grips on the Pro and it’ll eat whatever 230 grain ammo I feed it. However, I did buy some 185grain WWB and Remington Golden Saber BJHPs just in case.

EKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-18-2017, 05:32 AM   #2
Super Moderator

That's a great looking package you put together at a real good price. I'm looking forward to reading your range report.
Old 05-18-2017, 05:45 AM   #3

Congratulations, Nicely done.
Chuck43 likes this.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote