Kimber Classic Royal Value - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber 1911 Forum

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2017, 08:56 PM   #1

Kimber Classic Royal Value

Hello everyone from Wisconsin.

Few quick questions for you. I have a chance to trade for a Kimber Classic Royal, serial number K03488X. From other info, I am guessing the date of manufacture to be in 1999. How is the quality of this gun. I cannot find specs on the original Classic Royal anywhere. Any help in that? It is supposedly LNIB and unshot. Assuming that is true, what would you peg the value at? If it turns out to be shot and just in really nice shape, value then? I know values are regional but I really have not been able to find any info on it.

Thanks!

Last edited by WisconsinKen; 05-25-2017 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Idiot spelling error
WisconsinKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-26-2017, 05:47 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois. Someone on the forum should have info on this model. For values you want to watch Gun Broker for comparables, if they get listed.
Jflytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 07:01 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois WisconsinKen, your question is a tough one to answer. The Kimber Classic Royal is one of Kimbers top of the line guns. A new Classic Royal today comes with Bone grips and a TurnBull Restoration Charcoal Blue finish and can be bought for just under $1500.00. You could try dating it by calling Kimbers customer service and giving them the serial number. If it's a 1999 gun then it should be a series 1 gun without a firing pin block. If it has the firing pin block then it's a newer series II gun. Until you know exactly what you're looking at it's going to be difficult to put a price on it.

Customer Service
Toll-Free: (888) 243-4522
Hours: MF, 9:30 a.m.7 p.m. Eastern
swca likes this.

Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-26-2017, 09:22 AM   #4

I've heard with good authority a Clackamas Series 1 custom unmolested is in the $1K range. Not a Royal, but still a desirable pistol. Using that figure, it works out to be about 2X the cost of the pistol when it sold new.
Ultraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 11:39 AM   #5

First things first!

As per Chuck, Call kimber and have them tell you what model it is exactly. Also what is the value of your trade! Knowing that I would be able to get a better sense of the value of the gun.

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm
swca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 09:48 PM   #6

Thank you everyone for your input. BTW, I used to live in Rockford so a "used to live in N Illinois" hello to Jflytle and Chuck43.

I have been looking at closed auctions on GB and elsewhere and cannot really find any good price point for the Classic Royal. I am pretty confident on the date for other resources.

The gun I am trading is a tricked out Glock worth ~$1100 on the market so I am not trading this one away lightly.
Chuck43 and Jflytle like this.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:11 PM   #7

You aren't going to lose anything trading your Glock for the Classic Royal. I would peg it between $1k - $1200. If it had a Clackamas roll mark, that would push it up at least $2-300 more. If it's got a Clack roll mark (based on the serial number, I am pretty sure it isn't), I would be making that trade as fast as I could. You can always get/build another tricked out Glock but an unfired or slightly used Clack are hard to come by. Remember something is only worth as much as someone else is willing to give for it. Good luck and keep us posted!
Chuck43, Marshall and swca like this.

Last edited by DaVinci; 05-26-2017 at 10:16 PM.
DaVinci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 06:24 AM   #8

Originally Posted by WisconsinKen View Post
Thank you everyone for your input. BTW, I used to live in Rockford so a "used to live in N Illinois" hello to Jflytle and Chuck43.
I am not quite that far out (Harvard), but, thanks.

I'm not much of a Glock fan, but I would say this seems like a fair trade.
Jflytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 08:50 AM   #9

Thanks for the input. It is an early Younkers gun, not a Clack. If it was, it'd already be in my Gunsafe

It is a neutral value trade. I have other high end 1911s so I am waffling on this one. If i do pick it up, I will post pics. I had 2 Kimber 1911s a few years back. One ran ok and one wouldn't feed to save it's life no matter what I did (early 10mm). So, I am a little gun shy about it, but I know the early Kimbers were reknown for quality.
swca likes this.
Old 05-27-2017, 12:20 PM   #10

WisconsinKen - From a personal perspective, I have carried the 1911 all of my adult life in times of peace and war. It is a weapon that I come to to respect and depend on.

Tough decision especially if you've had a prior bad experience with a Kimber 1911. I hope that you find what you are looking for. Good Luck!

Semper Fi

Kimber Ultra CDP II .45 ACP
Kimber Stainless Micro 9mm
Old Timer 57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page

kimber 1911 serial numbers

kimber classic custom royal

kimber classic royal mods

Click on a term to search for related topics.