Aegis Ultra road report part 3 - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber 1911 Forum

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By twistedlim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2014, 05:16 AM   #1

Aegis Ultra road report part 3

After about 450-500 rounds I was still getting the occasional stovepipe on the last round of the magizine so I decided to take a look at the extractor. It was a pain in the butt to get out. There was a fairly big bend in it causing a tight grip on the case. After watching a number of videos on how to check the tension I came to the conclusion that if the extractor was too loose it would not hold the case properly through the cycle. I wondered it being too tight would cause the same problem so I took the bend out. The extactor would still hold a spent and live round but just not as tight. Off to the range yesterday. After about 150 rounds of Freedom Munitions 115 jhp and Hornady Critical defense +P I am very pleased to report zero stove pipes. It makes you feel good when your gun functions properly!
I can't figure out why the factory put such a strong bend in the extractor other than they decided it was better to have it too tight than too loose so this is how they set up all their guns. Anyway I feel tons more confident now.
On another note I really like the Freedom Munitions 115 xtp rounds. Unlike their 115 ball ammo it is very clean burning and seems very well made.

Last edited by twistedlim; 12-18-2014 at 05:19 AM.
twistedlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-18-2014, 10:25 PM   #2

Cool Cool!!!

Good to hear that you corrected your stovepipe issue. It's amazing what a little bit of adjusting to that extractor can do!!! I tweaked the one on my Pro Carry II because of a failure to feed issue. It's good as gold now!!! A million and one thanks to that guy on YouTube who made that video that explains how to test and adjust the extractor!!! It stopped me from using nasty four letter Lineman Talk on my PC2!!

Shoot straight, keep 'em in the 10 ring and be safe!!

Obama called me a CLINGER! Terrorists call me an INFIDEL!
Hillary calls me DEPLORABLE! Trump calls me an AMERICAN!!

Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor II .45 ACP
Kimber Pro Carry II .45 ACP
NRA Member 45+ Years
Georgia Carry.Org Member
Wounded Warrior Project Supporter
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page

ultra aegis ii range report

Click on a term to search for related topics.