Finally picked up the gun (thanks for allowing me to cool off for ten days California).
Disassembled and it looks like it has never been cleaned. Crud crusted in every nook and cranny. Took a bunch of cleaner, Q-Tips and brushing to get it back to normal.
A bit of grease on the rails and some oil on the newly cleaned internals and it runs smooth and has a 3 lb 10 oz (average over ten pulls) trigger. A hint of creep, I'll fix that later today, and I reduced overtravel to minimum. Other than reducing overtravel, I did nothing to get the trigger to this point.
It is a pretty well fit gun. Extractor was in desperate need of tuning, which I fixed. Frame to slide is not loose, not super tight, but it doesn't rattle like every Springfield Armory gun I've ever owned, and locks up solid. Bushing is hand turnable, but no play at muzzle when in battery. No play at rear lugs either. I'll be installing a Kimber ambi thumb safety cause I shoot pistols left handed, and I have one laying around. I also installed an Ed Brown magwell/MSH and VZ Alien grips cause I had them in the parts box and don't particularly care for the plastic MSH that was on the gun. I'll blend the magwell later this week.
Only issue was the BTGS didn't engage. Easy enough to fix. Not sure what happened here. The guy I bought it off didn't look like the tinkering type and the gun looked like it has never been taken apart. Also looked like it wasn't shot too much.
Not sure what I'm going to do with this one. I traded an M&P9, which I got in trade for a Glock 17 for it, so I'm ahead of the game at this point. I don't particularly need it, I have all 1911 bases covered; a Les Baer .45, a Kimber I made into a .40 S&W and a Springfield Armory 9mm, so it doesn't do anything that isn't already done by a better gun.
There's something about it though that made me want it.
NEW KIMBER 01.jpg
NEW KIMBER 02.jpg