Kimber Talk Forums banner

Anyone own a Kimber Master Carry Ultra?

3K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Marshall 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm looking at Kimber pistols on Gunbroker.com and came across the Master Carry Ultra 45 with CTLG. Was originally considering the Black Raptor Ultra 45. I have a Sig Ultra 45 and it like the Raptor, has night sights. So now I'm thinking I might want the CTLG on my next 45. Anyone own the MC Ultra? Just info gathering right now before I make a decision. Problem with Kimbers are they're so damn good looking, it's hard to choose just one!...but I just want 1 more! That's it! ;)

Reactions: swca
#12 ·
You started all this with your Raptor family, got me wanting one, and now I am wandering the abyss of Gunbroker trying to find my way out of the mental state of narrowing down my choices! So which Raptor is your favorite? What do you EDC?

Reactions: Mini Me
#3 ·
!...but I just want 1 more! That's it! ;)
She's mean 1 more as in the equation of how many you need:

x + 1 where x= the number of guns you own.

#4 ·
lol, you guys are not helping me here!

Reactions: Mini Me
#5 ·
...but I just want 1 more! BHAHAHAHAHA, LMAO. Master Carry Ultra no I have the Pro. I don't know if they are available with the Crimson Trace "Green" laser but I suggest getting the green laser, it is more visible to the eye. At the very least go to Bass Pro or someplace and compare them side by side Red vs Green.
You can add a Crimson Trace grip to any Ultra, that's what I did, none of my Ultra's came with the CT grips. I added green CT's to my EDC pistols got a green one for the RCP Ultra, the CDP Ultra had a red CT so I put it on the Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm and bought a green one for CDP.
I guess what I'm trying to say is, pick the Ultra you like, you can always add a Crimson Trace grip later.
MCU (CT) is a fine pistol.

Reactions: starnovi
#6 · (Edited)
I suggest getting the green laser, it is more visible to the eye. At the very least go to Bass Pro or someplace and compare them side by side Red vs Green. You can add a Crimson Trace grip to any Ultra, that's what I did, none of my Ultra's came with the CT grips.
Thanks, that's good advice. I've heard good things about the green laser vs the red laser, mainly that it is more visible in daylight. I don't think I could bring myself to change the grips on a Raptor, they are just too good looking! The MC has a nice set of LG on it too, but I'm assuming it is a red laser, which is what I have on my Micro 9....which is due back any moment now from Kimber. Waiting for UPS to deliver so I can get to the range with it.

ooooh, just looked at CT Master Series green LG for ultras, nice looking, $479.00.

Reactions: 2sharp2
#9 ·
Back in the day if I had known about the Super Carry Ultra+ I would have bought it instead of the RCP Ultra, at least to start with.

Reactions: swca and starnovi
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.