Unbelievably great Customer Service - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber 1911 Forum

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By DaveinNC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2017, 04:30 PM   #1

Thumbs up Unbelievably great Customer Service

I recently purchased 3 Kimber mags for the Sapphire Pro 9mm at a cost of $31.10 each from Midway, and a 4-pack of mag base pads in blue from Custom Defensive Products out of Gardnerville NV.
The pads include self-tapping 4-40 screws, which I couldnít get to do the job, so purchased a cheap tap and tap handle. Promptly snapped off the tap in the mag. I contacted Dan at CDP who told me told me to ship the mag to him and he would repair it and ship it back to me at his expense. This didnít seem right so I said Iíd pay the freight both ways. All I shipped him was the mag and a postage-paid self-addressed padded envelope.
I got the mag back in less than a week; Dan had repaired the mag, installed a base pad, and included 3 more base pads and set of screws in the package, which sells for $14.99. He lost money on me, which I argued about and tried to prevent.
I have never received better customer service than that.
Full disclosure: I am not connected with CDP in any way, and receive no benefits except hoping he stays in business if I ever need to purchase anything else he sells.

Moderators, please move this post if it should go in another forum.
Chuck43, 2sharp2 and Longhorn like this.