Kimber Talk Forums banner

Magazines: Aluminum Frame

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  rlacrossjr 
#1 ·
I have a new Compact CDP II and want to make sure all 4 magazines I have are good to go.

1. One OEM Kimber (Check-Mate?) 7-Round Blued Steel with Hybrid Skirted Follower.

2. Two Checkmate 6-Round Stainless Steel with G.I. Style Follower.

3. Wilson 47 OXC 7-Round with Composite Follower.

As I understand it these should all be safe with an aluminum frame, yes?

The only follower that's an issue is an unskirted Devel, yes?

#2 ·
I have never used checkmate Wilsons are good.
I like Kim Pro Tac Mags and Joe's magmania.
None of those mags should hurt your frame. I have aluminum frames on my CDP Pro and my SS Pro Carry II. I like to put magwells on mine for easier magazine changes. I do no conceal carry basically range weapons.

#3 ·
Thanks.

I bought the one Wilson to see if it would play nice with my pistol.

The Checkmates where free from a friend that used to own a Colt Officer's Model.
Other than material (blued steel vs stainless) and the follower design (for an extra round) the Kimber and Checkmate Mags appear identical. Didn't figure I had anything to lose by trying them as long as they were not not going to.damage the ramp.

#5 ·
I don't think Kimber would be shipping steel magazines with aluminum framed guns if the magazine could possibly damage the frame. That said I have aluminum framed Kimbers that have had thousands of rounds fired thorough them using steel magazines that show no wear what so ever.

#6 · (Edited)
You are correct, just make sure the follower is skirted.
That said I just bought WC ETM magazine, they finally are made for compacts.

Also if you want to super those checkmate and kimber. Go to Tripp research and buy his spring MS-12C.042. Then you will have same mags as his 7r-45-WO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.