Valkyrie Muzzle Brake / Compensator for Kimber 1911 22lr conversion - will it fit ??? - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber 1911 Forum

Like Tree34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2017, 03:21 PM   #1

Valkyrie Muzzle Brake / Compensator for Kimber 1911 22lr conversion - will it fit ???

Would a muzzle brake that fits the 1911 45ACP also fit the 1911 22LR conversion barrel ? All looks identical which would mean fitting should be no problem ? I looked all the video's on youtube and think this should not be an issue ? Does anyone has experience with this ?

Needless to mention that this would be merely for looks only and would increase the 'coolfactor'. Recoil would not be less (already non existing).

Still it would look very cool ! Appreciate advise !

Last edited by johnctiman; 12-12-2017 at 04:02 PM.
johnctiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-12-2017, 05:23 PM   #2

I have this brake/bushing on my Kimber .45. I would think that if the barrel and bushing are the same size (diameter) it should work but I don't really know for sure as I don't have the .22.

I'd give Valkyrie a call and ask them ...they have some really cool grips too.
JC45 likes this.

Last edited by PaulWVa; 04-21-2018 at 09:43 AM.
PaulWVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 03:29 PM   #3

Spoke with Valkyrie who informed me the below ;

Fits 5Ē Government length 1911 Autos with a barrel OD between .577"-581". The bushing ID. Is .583" +-.0005"

I then called Kimber Customer Service who could not give me any detailed information; reason being QUOTE this is against policy and against the law since is proprietary information that Kimber will not share UNQUOTE.

Hope that there is someone in this forum who has a 22LR conversion if the barrel complies with what Valkyrie informed me of.

ps ... Kimber Customer Service could also not inform me if any muzzle break would fit or not ... they could not give any additional advise.

Seems the excellent quality of their guns is not followed by their CS staff ... (or at least the lady I spoke with for 10 minutes .....)

Advise or guidance most welcome !
johnctiman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-2017, 03:45 PM   #4

Or they donít support outside parts. Donít you have a micrometer or compass?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2sharp2 and DaveinNC like this.

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - Sumner Gun - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 04:08 PM   #5

Originally Posted by bhunted View Post
Or they donít support outside parts. Donít you have a micrometer or compass?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Compass , I'd try calipers, they will probably wok better than a compass. A micrometer would be the most accurate

AMERICA WE HAVE A PROBLEM
wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 05:12 PM   #6

Originally Posted by wayne View Post
Compass , I'd try calipers, they will probably wok better than a compass. A micrometer would be the most accurate

Doh, brain fart. Meant calipers. But yea.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
DaveinNC likes this.

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - Sumner Gun - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 06:19 PM   #7
Super Moderator

First off I think that Kimbers customer service reps are some of the best in the industry. I've never had one that didn't go far beyond just getting me an answer to question or hook me up with a part. Don't judge the people by what information company policy says they can disclose.

OK, got that out of the way, I did this the lazy way. I went downstairs and got a .22 conversion kit out of the safe (both the compact and target kits use bushings). I also grabbed my Kimber Classic Custom .45, I popped the bushing out of the gun and conversion kit and exchanged them, they fit.
2sharp2, bhunted, Hoffbrew and 3 others like this.
Old 12-13-2017, 07:15 PM   #8

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
First off I think that Kimbers customer service reps are some of the best in the industry. I've never had one that didn't go far beyond just getting me an answer to question or hook me up with a part. Don't judge the people by what information company policy says they can disclose.

OK, got that out of the way, I did this the lazy way. I went downstairs and got a .22 conversion kit out of the safe (both the compact and target kits use bushings). I also grabbed my Kimber Classic Custom .45, I popped the bushing out of the gun and conversion kit and exchanged them, they fit.

There you go! Remote Kimber customer service by Chuck!
Chuck43, bhunted, Hoffbrew and 2 others like this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 07:23 PM   #9

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post

See .... ya just gotta ask the right person. Good job Chuck! I think I need a .22 1911 just so I'll know these things ....yeah that sounds like a good reason to get a new gun ... thanks!
Chuck43, 2sharp2 and Mini Me like this.
PaulWVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 07:45 PM   #10
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by PaulWVa View Post
See .... ya just gotta ask the right person. Good job Chuck! I think I need a .22 1911 just so I'll know these things ....yeah that sounds like a good reason to get a new gun ... thanks!
Pick up a Kimber .22 conversion kit, the compact kit fits both Ultra 3"and Pro 4" guns and the Target kit fits the Pro 4" and Custom 5" guns.

The advantage of the conversion kit is that your practicing with your trigger and not the trigger on another gun.

My grandchildren have been shooting my 1911's with a conversion kit on them since they were big enough to hold the gun steady. The kit is also makes it easy to introduce a new shooter to the 1911, it's very easy to rack the slide and there is hardly any recoil.
Rick in Oregon and PaulWVa like this.