Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber 1911 Forum

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Chuck43
  • 1 Post By NewStainless

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2017, 10:34 PM   #1

Negrini cases

I would like to have a really nice case for my new Stainless II and discovered Negrini. I love this one, but before dropping that kind of coin on a case I wanted to get some feedback. Anyone have one of these? Any other brands I should consider. Looking to spend $100-200 on it.

https://negrinicases.com/gun-cases/2...-handgun-case/
NewStainless is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-26-2017, 03:33 AM   #2

Nice looking case, I’ve never considered something like this. I don’t even use the cases that come with the guns.
I did see it listed on Amazon, it’s out of stock on both sites but when it comes back you might be able to save a few bucks on Amazon. Even free shipping would be a bonus.

Last edited by JC45; 12-26-2017 at 08:12 AM.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 05:41 AM   #3
Super Moderator

That's a beautiful looking case but I'd never buy one. When I head out to the range I use my GPS rolling range bag and I usually have from 4-6 guns in it.
Marshall and Old Timer 57 like this.

Old 12-26-2017, 05:57 AM   #4

This one is nice also but about half the price. Does anyone else make custom cases?

https://negrinicases.com/gun-cases/d...-handgun-case/
Old 12-26-2017, 02:22 PM   #5

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
That's a beautiful looking case but I'd never buy one. When I head out to the range I use my GPS rolling range bag and I usually have from 4-6 guns in it.
When I go to the range I tend to only take one or two guns. I was just so disappointed with the stock Kimber case that I thought something a little nicer was appropriate. The Stainless II is such a beautiful gun that it really does need a custom fit case. I'm leaning towards the cheaper Negrini case instead of the fancy one with the faux wood grain.
Old 12-26-2017, 03:46 PM   #6

Originally Posted by NewStainless View Post
When I go to the range I tend to only take one or two guns. I was just so disappointed with the stock Kimber case that I thought something a little nicer was appropriate. The Stainless II is such a beautiful gun that it really does need a custom fit case. I'm leaning towards the cheaper Negrini case instead of the fancy one with the faux wood grain.
Agree the OEM cases from virtually all the pistol manufacturers leave a lot to be desired with respect to repeated use as a transport case. I say you should buy what makes you happy. The Negrini cases certainly are nice and definitely premium quality. When I shot ATA Trap, several of my friends used the Negrini's for their high-end shotguns.

For those of us that may have a difficult time spending a lot of cash on a case, I've found the Cedar Mill and Pelican cases to be pretty good. Here is a brief review of cases with links to other reviews: https://takethegun.com/best-hard-pistol-cases/

If you want one of the best presentation cases, check out the Huey Gun Cases here: http://www.hueycases.com/pistol-cases/ Huey Cases have been used by a couple of my friends that display antique handguns at gun shows and by my wife's uncle (no longer with us) who was a noted Colt Peacemaker collector.

Enjoy and let us know what you decide.
OGCA - Life Member

Last edited by Cybercycle; 12-26-2017 at 03:51 PM.
Cybercycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 04:49 PM   #7

Originally Posted by Cybercycle View Post
Agree the OEM cases from virtually all the pistol manufacturers leave a lot to be desired with respect to repeated use as a transport case. I say you should buy what makes you happy. The Negrini cases certainly are nice and definitely premium quality. When I shot ATA Trap, several of my friends used the Negrini's for their high-end shotguns.

For those of us that may have a difficult time spending a lot of cash on a case, I've found the Cedar Mill and Pelican cases to be pretty good. Here is a brief review of cases with links to other reviews: https://takethegun.com/best-hard-pistol-cases/

If you want one of the best presentation cases, check out the Huey Gun Cases here: Pistol Cases - Huey Gun Cases Huey Cases have been used by a couple of my friends that display antique handguns at gun shows and by my wife's uncle (no longer with us) who was a noted Colt Peacemaker collector.

Enjoy and let us know what you decide.
Wow! Those custom presentation cases are spectacular. I think I'm going to get the Negrini basic 1911 case. Got some $$$ for Christmas so I think it's worth $115. I sent them an email to see if I could get a military discount. I also threw in that i teach CCW and would be glad to use the case as a classroom display of a secured storage method that is airline approved. Always worth a shot to see if I could get a discount.
Cybercycle likes this.
Old 12-26-2017, 08:23 PM   #8

Good luck NewStainless - Hope you get what you are looking for! Those cases are nice, just not for me!

Semper Fi

Kimber Ultra CDP II .45 ACP
Kimber Stainless Micro 9mm
Old Timer 57 is offline   Reply With Quote