I just bought a Pro Crimson Carry II, 4" barrel. I love how it looks, and the laser on it is cool, and the feel and all. But I'm relatively new to guns and have a few specific questions about this handgun. I hope you can help.
1) I wish to buy additional magazines, and from what I have read, Wilson Combat seems the way to go. But regardless of the brand, I cannot figure out if this gun I just bought is a full size magazine, or compact, or something else? The 4" barrel causes me to believe it is not full size, but I'm not sure.
2) The Kimber magazine that came with it, actually I can put 8 rounds into it, but when I then insert the magazine into the handle with 8 rounds in it, it will not go in all the way. The Kimber website states in one place it has an 8 capacity, and when you click the detail of this gun, the next web page states it has a 7 capacity. So the Kimber website is misleading, and I don't know the truth.
Furthermore, a guy doing a review on Youtube of this very gun, says his stock magazine holds 8 rounds, but likes the Wilson Combat mags better. So apparently he can get 8 rounds into his exact gun. See at 2:57 here:
What would hinder the magazine I have from going all the way into the gun, if all 8 rounds fit into the magazine? How does the gun "know" that it has too many rounds in it? It does appear as though my gun will only work with 7 rounds in the magazine. Do you know for sure?
3) There is no allen wrench in the box for taking off the grips when the batteries need replacing. Is that a special size tool that should be in the box, or is it normal for people to just go buy or use their own allen wrench tool?
4) My thumb does not reach the slide catch, and think maybe I bought on impulse because I was enamored by most of what this gun has. I have to turn the gun at an angle in order for my thumb to reach that lever. Does anybody else have issues with where the slide catch lever is, and how do you deal with it being so awkwardly placed, too far forward from the handle?
5) Lastly, the laser appears to be aiming a little to the left of the fixed sights, and when I turned the top hole on the laser clockwise (should move the laser to the right, correct?) it did not seem to move. Then I turned the hole 4 clicks, and it would not turn to the right any more. I did not force anything, but I think that it was at its maximum clockwise rotation, so I clicked it back to where it was. I kinda figure letting a "pro" at a gun range help me out.
But, at a distance of about 50 feet, what would you expect the laser dot to move left or right by each click on the windage dial (i.e. 1", 2" to the left or right, respectively) while being viewed on the white wall 50 feet away?
Thanks to anybody who can supply me some answers.