Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber 1911 Forum

Like Tree10Likes
  • 9 Post By KCJeep
  • 1 Post By Marshall

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2018, 08:59 AM   #1

New Pro Carry II range trip 3 report...

Howdy all...

This is boring in a good way. Made my third trip to the range with the new Pro Carry II I obtained recently. At 400 rounds now without a single stoppage. Weapon has seen a bunch of Sellier and Bellot and CCI Blazer Brass 230's along with Remington 230 Golden Sabers.

Weapon has been running so well I started carrying it almost immediately. I am a believer that if a 1911 seems to run well right out of the box it is most likely just gonna run.

Only two minor hiccups. First range session I had two strange hammer falls, with help here I suspect it might have been the Swartz safety system breaking in...don't know but it's never happened again.

First session it pelted me a couple times in the head with brass, second session it battered me in the head with brass like one or two a mag, yesterday down to just a few again. I honestly think it's breaking in, and even though I haven't really had any issues I can tell the gun is running better at 400 rounds than it was new. Ejection seems to be more consistent than before. I don't think Kimbers 500 round break in is the garbage some claim it is. And I'd not be surprised that this brass thing disappears in the next couple hundred rounds either. I will find out soon enough.

I was talking to my buddy last night that has two Kimbers, his both run flawlessly too, we were trying to figure out where all the Kimber bashing and hate comes from anyway? It's bad enough I was a little leary of buying this Pro Carry II. Sure glad I let his first hand experience (and now mine) trump the internet Kimber bashing!

Anyway a couple pointless pics to make this pointless thread complete ha ha!

Chuck43, Marshall, 2sharp2 and 6 others like this.

"If you want peace, prepare for war."
KCJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-10-2018, 02:11 PM   #2

Great to hear that your new PCII is doing what it's supposed to do for ya.
Chuck43 likes this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote