Kimber Talk Forums banner

1/29/18 pro cdp ii 9

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Rick in Oregon 
#1 ·
I was able to get to the range today, with all the CDP talk lately I felt compelled to show mine some daylight. It's been a few months at least since she's been out. I always put things up cleaned and lubed but generally re lube if there's been over a month between outings. Today I opted to just cycle the slide a few times and see what happened. I brought 100 Aguila 124gr FMJ and had 5 Federal 124gr HST left in a box. I ran the 2 Kimber 9 round mags I have and my 3 Wilson Combat 10 rounders. Santa had put an Uplula in my stocking which worked fine with the single stack magazines :) I had one failure to completely chamber a round :-( it came around round 65 using the cheap Mexacalli ammo and a kimber magazine. The tip of the bullet seemed to hang up in the chamber and the slide was about an inch from in battery? It ejected right out and everything else ran fine. Maybe the lack of lube, a relaxed grip or the ammo? this was the only failure this pistol has had so... She's all cleaned up and ready to roll for tomorrow, I want to see how things go with a little oil on the rails :)
...target was at 7 yards

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Kimber makes some really good firearms! Their magazines however - I've had nothing but trouble with them especially with the micro 9. When I got rid of the Kimber mags, all my problems went away. Just saying....

Reactions: cousinmark
#6 ·
I threw all the variables out there for the sake of argument. The truth is the Aguila ammo has run fine in all my pistols. I believe Remington actually set up their production facilities? There's always a chance of getting a cartridge that's a little underpowered I suppose. The magazines have never previously been a problem. That leaves lack of lube or my grip? I'm going to put it at about 50/50 :)

#7 ·
Outstanding!!!

#9 ·
Love that Pro...I am going to get some Aguila for mine after my next paycheck. I know my raptor seem to like it and the Remington. I haven't had any issues with the mags except when loading cause they are so stiff when new.

#11 ·
9/30/18 follow up

...after yesterday's hang up I was itching to get back out with this pistol. Today I brought another 100 rounds of the Aguila 124gr FMJ and an additional 50 of Winchester 115gr FMJ. I was in a bit of a rush and forgot to toss the Uplula in my range bag :-( Loading by hand I noticed a tight spot in one of my Kimber magazines. It requires more force to get the 7th and later rounds in than with the other mags? Everything ran fine otherwise, 148 to the body and the last 2 to the head. Zero problems :)
...target was at 7 yards.

Attachments

#13 ·
I think that you would find the strength to hand load your mags if your life depended on it. Don't sell yourself short!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.