New Kimber owner. - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber 1911 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2013, 08:55 PM   #1

New Kimber owner.

So I will be the owner of two new kimbers in the next couple of weeks, a brand new pro carry HD 2 stainless, and a gently used custom 2.
I have heard everything for and against kimbers especially in the rust department. I have owned some 40+ handguns over the last 10 years, and have never had a gun rust on me. I have owned several 1911's and currently bought a Remington for my son for when he turns 18.
But these will be my first kimbers, I just wanted to talk to ACTUAL Kimber owners on their experiences. I personally love the feel as does my wife and we want to make sure we are making an informed decision.
Thanks again
Dan
Ps im not trying to start a flame war. I just want opinions from actual owners.
dansigmapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-07-2013, 09:54 PM   #2

I think you will be happy with your decision.I shoot a Super Carry Custom HD,and I am in a very humid/damp environment.I have never experienced any rust problems on my Kimber or on any of my other weapons.Just keep them clean,lubed,and oiled and they'll be fine as frogs hair!Good luck!
MPO Southy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:16 AM   #3

I bought a Custom Crimson Carry II last year. This year I have purchased a Super Carry Ultra Plus and also a new SOLO for my wife. I have several wheel guns and a Colt XSE 1911. I will purchase a pro model sometime in the future when funds allow.
I like all three but the solo is so easy and simple to carry. The SUCP is also a great pistol in my opinion. I like the shorter barrel and full size grip and magazine.

I may not have owned mine long enough to develope any "Rust" but I keep them cleaned and oiled.
ACCURATE, ACCURATE ACCURATE, is about all I can say. Very Happy.
Nellybelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page
brand new gun rust walther
is kimber super carry ultra any good

kimber 1911 forum

kimber forum

kimber owners

kimber owners club

kimber owners forum

super carry ultra rust
Click on a term to search for related topics.