Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber 1911 Forum

Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By compassman
  • 1 Post By swca

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2018, 09:23 PM   #1

Pro Carry II 9mm Stainless with Klonimus Grip/MSH

I was looking to finish my Kimber project by adding an aluminum MSH and G-10 grips. I was unsatisfied with the aluminum MSH I purchased from suppliers. I was researching and came across a company Klonimus that was selling aluminum MSH and G10 grips. They where selling off of E-bay and this can be a red flag. I have been burnt before on E-bay, but I have also scored great products off of E-bay. I sent Klonimus a message and receive a quick response. A few days later I had my MSH and three sets of grips. The MSH was a perfect colour match to the Kimber grip safety. I removed the old grip safety and installed the parts into the Klonimus MSH and slid the MSH in place. The Klonimus part fit perfectly. There was no filing or modification needed. I then opened one of the sets of grips and was impressed with the quality of the grips. The fit and finish was outstanding. They all installed perfectly on the Kimber frame. Each set of grips can be ordered with different textures and colours. All the grip sets have the magazine release scoop and beveled bottom. With each set of grips you can choose a particular set of screws. Each set also comes milled for ambi-safety. I am very impressed with the overall fit and finish of the Klonimus grips and MSH. I was also very impressed with the service from Klonimus. The only problem I have now is picking my favorite set for the Kimber. I am very pleased on how my Kimber turned out.
grips 1.jpeg

grips 4.jpeg

grips 5.jpeg

msh2.jpeg

msh3.jpeg
compassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-13-2018, 03:55 AM   #2

I have a set of grips from them and have no complaints. I believe Tom (swca) also purchased a MSH from them and it worked out well. Your gun looks great, nice work.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 04:57 AM   #3

Yes I did purchase from them and was impressed with the quaility and service. cost less than others also.
JC45 likes this.

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm
swca is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2018, 05:43 AM   #4
Super Moderator

I've never heard of Klonimus before so I checked them out. There products look good and their prices seem to be more then fair.
Old 02-13-2018, 05:31 PM   #5

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
I've never heard of Klonimus before so I checked them out. There products look good and their prices seem to be more then fair.
The grips I purchased came with grips screws and o-rings. I think I paid $17 for them. The o-rings were really nice, they are thinner than the #60 o-rings most of us use. The fit was excellent. I wouldn’t hesitate to try their other products.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote