• 4 Post By Chuck43
  • 1 Post By cousinmark
  • 2 Post By Chuck43
  • 2 Post By Karens
  • 2 Post By cousinmark

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2018, 07:14 AM   #1

Pro CDP 9mm

Doesn't seem like there is a lot of this firearm out here in a 9mm.

Has anyone taken the extractor out of this firearm? If so can you explain how you did it? It looks like you have to take the rear sight off to get to the extractor button. I also cannot see sending it back to Kimber when those springs need to be changed at 5,000 rounds either has anyone done that?

Honey has taken most of our firearm extractors out when cleaning periodically. Of course my Pro doesn't have a lot of ammo through it so its not happening anytime soon.

Any and all information/suggestions is as always appreciated.
Old 03-07-2018, 07:55 AM   #2
Super Moderator

It's not difficult at all, you don't have to remove the rear sight to do it. The easiest way to explain it would be for you to watch a video from our gunsmith sub forum. If you have any questions after watching it feel free to ask them.
Marshall, swca, cousinmark and 1 others like this.
Old 03-07-2018, 08:14 AM   #3

...like Chuck said, check out a video or two. It's really simple once you get the process down. The rear sight needs not be touched. On mine the extractor "claw" needs to be coaxed using a small flathead straw driver to get it past the lip of the extractor channel when removing it.
Karens likes this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-07-2018, 07:19 PM   #4

So my firearm does not have a 80's firing pin block. Honey already saw that one video and several others and it does not pertain to my slide. Tried to rotate the extractor 45 degrees and coax out with a screw driver and that did not work. ??????? HELP!
Old 03-07-2018, 07:28 PM   #5
Super Moderator

The firing pin stop is the only thing holding the extractor in. If the stop, firing pin and spring are out then it's just friction or crud holding the extractor in place.
Marshall and Tejun like this.
Old 03-07-2018, 07:47 PM   #6

Firearm does not have a firing pin block in the slide. Reason we could not get it out the extractor out because extractor is bowed hole is straight and the cartridge end must be shoved to clear opening and then pushes right out.

As you can see, mine does not have that button inside the slide.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg slides1.jpg (20.3 KB, 12 views)
Chuck43 and cousinmark like this.

Last edited by Karens; 03-07-2018 at 08:11 PM.
Karens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:44 PM   #7

Originally Posted by karenschro View Post
Firearm does not have a firing pin block in the slide. Reason we could not get it out the extractor out because extractor is bowed hole is straight and the cartridge end must be shoved to clear opening and then pushes right out.

As you can see, mine does not have that button inside the slide.
That's how mine is Karen, I have the block safety though (I think they've done away with that on the newer versions?), the claw of the extractor overhangs the lip of the slot it rides in on the chamber end. The tension in the extractor is how it is "tuned" to grab the fired cartridge. If you're not having any issues don't mess with the bow in it, it's supposed to be that way.
swca and Karens like this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 06:40 AM   #8

Yes he got it out last night and we saw the bow. Mine was born in November 2017 so I guess that is the newest version. I'm just glad he figure it out without taking sights off.