Help! 38 super barrels in 9mm slides-have questions - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber 1911 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #1

Help! 38 super barrels in 9mm slides-have questions

hello fellow kimber owners. I am a newbie to this forum and I love kimbers,have some and shoot them.i own two 9mm kimbers, one a Tactical pro(4 inch barrel)
and a Aegis Ultra. I had the Schueman company fabricate two ultimatch ramped barrels and the sent the guns to a 1911 builder/gunsmith who fitted them as they were too oversized for me to do it. I have two dilemmas: 1.
A friend who knows 1911s better than I told me that the 9mm breech face is different than the 38 super breech face in certain manufacturers. He said that I will have problems. I never thought that because most shell holders are the same part for 38 super and 9mm. My colt 1911's have 9mm slides but perfectly functioning 38 super barrels in them.Do any of you fellow forum members know whether my pro with the 9mm slide and 38 super barrel will have failures?last dillema:I dont know of any compact 38 super magazines out there. The Kimber 9mm mags for the aegis do not have the ribs that you can pull out to accomodate the lobger 38 super cartridge. What will I do for mags for the Aegis Ultra?
Haris357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #2

Smile 9mm 38 super

I have rechambered several Aegis' in both 38 super and 9x23 winchester. You can get Ultra size magazines in 38 super from Wilsom Combat. You will have to adjust the extractor for the semi rim of the 38 super. It would be easier to buy another extractor and keep it with the super barrel.

Have fun.

Last edited by fastsheriff; 07-11-2013 at 08:25 PM. Reason: added info
fastsheriff is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page
38 super barrel and slide
38 super slide
9x23 winchester barrel

do kimber 38 supers have a ramped barrel

do kimber 9mm have ramped barrels
does the kimber 1911 in .38 super have a ramped barrel?
kimber 38 super jams
rechambering 9mm to 38 super
Click on a term to search for related topics.