• 1 Post By Karens
  • 1 Post By Chuck43
  • 1 Post By remltr
  • 1 Post By Masquer08er
  • 1 Post By RustyIron

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2018, 05:52 AM   #1

Kimber we have a problem

Was just loading mags for range later and then my Pro. By the back serrations on both sides of the slide the finish is coming off. This is the second firearm I have had that the finish is coming off. It kinda pisses me off. I don't want to send it back but, I mean really? Anyone else have issues with new firearm finish? Born in November 2017 and only 700 rounds through it.
Masquer08er likes this.

Last edited by Karens; 03-18-2018 at 07:11 AM.
Karens is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-18-2018, 06:04 AM   #2
Super Moderator

I know you said you don't want to send the gun back but I'd suggest you give customer service a call and let them know what's going on. Their turn around has been unusually fast lately, I'd suggest you take advantage of it.

Customer Service
Toll-Free: (888) 243-4522
Hours: M–F, 9:30 a.m.–7 p.m. Eastern
Karens likes this.
Old 03-18-2018, 06:35 AM   #3

I just got my Pro Carry back from Kimber a couple days ago. It was in specifically for a refinish. Initially it looked good, but in better light I noticed that the crown of the slide doesn't look like it was refinished at all. It looks like holster wear. It hasn't seen a holster since returning.

I am waiting to hear back from Kimber about the issue.

Similar but a different problem than yours.
Karens likes this.
remltr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2018, 07:26 AM   #4

What model is it Karen?
Mini Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 08:46 AM   #5

Originally Posted by karenschro View Post
Was just loading mags for range later and then my Pro. By the back serrations on both sides of the slide the finish is coming off. This is the second firearm I have had that the finish is coming off. It kinda pisses me off. I don't want to send it back but, I mean really? Anyone else have issues with new firearm finish? Born in November 2017 and only 700 rounds through it.

It is time Kimber addresses this in development and production. Stop putting a bandaid on the problem with customer service (which is outstanding).
Karens likes this.
Old 03-18-2018, 12:36 PM   #6

Originally Posted by karenschro View Post
This is the second firearm I have had that the finish is coming off. It kinda pisses me off. I don't want to send it back but, I mean really? Anyone else have issues with new firearm finish?
After about five hundred rounds, my Solo looked like an old High Standard that I picked up in a Skid Row pawn shop. Between that and a couple other deficiencies with the gun, Kimber just threw it in the trash and offered me a lowball credit on another gun.

I'm not a fan of indiscriminately refinishing an original gun, but neither am I a fan of carrying around a new gun that looks like it was handled by a clod. Give Kimber a call, and channel your pissed-off self when telling the phone answerer what you require.
Karens likes this.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 01:07 PM   #7

Originally Posted by Mini Me View Post
What model is it Karen?
Its a Pro CDP
Old 03-18-2018, 01:08 PM   #8

Originally Posted by RustyIron View Post
After about five hundred rounds, my Solo looked like an old High Standard that I picked up in a Skid Row pawn shop. Between that and a couple other deficiencies with the gun, Kimber just threw it in the trash and offered me a lowball credit on another gun.

I'm not a fan of indiscriminately refinishing an original gun, but neither am I a fan of carrying around a new gun that looks like it was handled by a clod. Give Kimber a call, and channel your pissed-off self when telling the phone answerer what you require.
Its just seems my luck with these firearms is no luck at all. i had to send in my raptor for a complete refinish and it only had about 300 rounds through it