9mm - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber 1911 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2018, 07:05 AM   #1

9mm

Looking for a new 9mm. My Sig is too heavy well, it's not a 1911.. Would like a 4 inch barrel, and not weigh over 30 oz.( weak wrists). Seriously looking at Aegis elite pro w vortex optic installed.
It seems they have changed the weight from 38 oz to 28 oz, so it is in my wheelhouse.

Want the red dot because my old eyes are double sights ( tritium night sights) and I have to close left eye to shoot. Have decided to try the red dot.
Love my Kimber 380, and the Aegis is a beautiful gun. Hope it will perform as well as my 380.
Does anyone here have one, and/or use a red dot?
My other choice is dan wesson eco or guardian, then have to get the slide milled and optic installed. So looking at around $2200 for that.
Do you think the dan wesson is worth the extra money?
Crystalblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-18-2018, 07:09 AM   #2

Not sure this will work for you, I have a problem with my fingers on my shooting hand so I understand. I recently received a Pro CDP 9mm 4" its around 28oz and has performed flawless right out of the box. I just love this firearm and really enjoy it. I only use it for the range and carry my .380 Raptor.
Old 03-18-2018, 07:10 AM   #3

Just got a Master Carry Pro 9mm shoots great Crimson grip laser nice and small happy so far
Graf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2018, 08:40 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to loadedround
I'd consider one of the Kimber Micro 9 models with or w/o a crimson trace sight. I have a Micro 9 CDP w/o the red dot that I carry almost every day and it has proved to be very dependable in all aspects.
loadedround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 08:56 AM   #5

Originally Posted by Crystalblu View Post
Looking for a new 9mm. My Sig is too heavy well, it's not a 1911.. Would like a 4 inch barrel, and not weigh over 30 oz.( weak wrists). Seriously looking at Aegis elite pro w vortex optic installed.
It seems they have changed the weight from 38 oz to 28 oz, so it is in my wheelhouse.

Want the red dot because my old eyes are double sights ( tritium night sights) and I have to close left eye to shoot. Have decided to try the red dot.
Love my Kimber 380, and the Aegis is a beautiful gun. Hope it will perform as well as my 380.
My other choice is dan wesson eco or guardian, then have to get the slide milled and optic installed. So looking at around $2200 for that.
Just a thought. Lighter weight means more recoil. Will that affect your wrist more? My wife, Elf1e, has faced the same balancing act. I'm sure she'll chime in. Having said that, I love your other choices. I want the Romeo1 for my Sig P226 (my bias is showing, Sig for polymer, Kimber for 1911)
Old 03-18-2018, 10:35 AM   #6

New 9mm Intended Purpose?

Originally Posted by Crystalblu View Post

What will be the main purpose of your new 9mm? Range, home defense, concealed carry?
Factory Kimber's with Red Dots are brand new to all of us. They maybe popular or not?

Kimber offers more Pro 4" models in 9mm than ever before, starting to offer some with Red Dot. I think I would only buy a pistol with Red Dot if it was almost 100% be a range gun.
IMO a Pro model with Crimson Trace (Green laser) grips and 9mm would serve all shooting needs. Some members here won't accept or see the benefit of a laser grip so I'm not sure how they will react to a Red Dot sight. I guess time will tell. I'm not saying I'll never own a pistol with a Red Dot just that it would have limited use for me. Red Dot is not a magic sight system you still must look thru it to get the bullet on target, with a laser grip you can fire from the hip if need be.

Dan Wesson makes a fine pistol, if I owned one I would not spend extra dollars to install a Red Dot. You must decide if that would be worth the money.

Gold Combat LE
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
CDP Ultra
Raptor Ultra Stainless
RCP Ultra
SIS Custom
SIS Pro
SIS Ultra
TLE Pro (TFS)