Kimber Talk Forums banner

Pictures of problem

2K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Karens 
#1 ·
I have not be home early enough to call Kimber, but I wanted opinions on what you think. Not sure if you can see clearly what has happened to the finish I just don' think that is normal for a new firearm.

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
What are the odds I would get the same service person as when we sent in my Raptor? Yep, Landon...he of course asked what we were using to clean the CDP and its just so strange for me to have two firearms with coating problems. Nothing about them having issues with finish coating, Nope. So back it goes... Shoot now I will have to shoot honey's Colts as my range firearm.:D

#16 ·
It just seems odd to me that two guns from the person have had finish issues. Not doubting the pics at all, but on my 5 years here on KT I can never recall a member having back 2 back finish problems. That's why I asked the other day what you were using because a few years ago I had some complaints on the finish of two of my PCII's. It turned out to be a combination of using Gun Scrubber and an industrial spray that I was using. Separately they were fine. but together they destroyed the finish enough that I had to get them both Cerakoted.

Good luck Karen.

#18 ·
Oh yea it's the gun scrubber and whatever else she's using. It couldn't be because Kimber is producing sub standard finishes on their weapons. Oh no, it just could not be that!!!

Reactions: Karens and Marshall
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.